Digital Extremes latest major update to Warframe arrives on PC today bringing a whole new way to play the game with the Plains of Eidolon.
Plains of Eidolon brings whole new zone to the game and this time it’s an open-world experience. This new Open Zone gives players the opportunity to explore the new landscape at their leisure while missions are collected from the new central Ostron hub in the Plains of Eidolontown.
The new zone can handle up to fifty players and there’s new challenges, missions, weapons, armour and crafting customisation to be discovered. Players can also zip around the new zone with the new Sky Archwing.
The zone features a day and night cycle and when the sun goes down all kinds of dangers surface and players looking for a real challenge will have to hunt down the huge Eidolon. During the day the pesky Grineer will be the main targets.
This update is huge step forward for Warframe and it will be interesting to see where Digital Extremes takes the game next and how they expand on this new open zone concept.
Warframe Plains of Eidolon Features
- Landscapes: Plains of Eidolon is the first continual Warframe environment offering players an Open Zone in which to explore, fight, discover, spearfish, mine, collect and play
- Cetus: Mingle, browse, buy, craft, and take on challenges in the marketplace of Cetus
- Epic Eidolon Fights: Against these demanding towers of death, Tenno will need all of their skill, wit, and even the Luck of the Lotus if they expect to survive!
- New Warframe: The 34th Warframe, Gara, manipulates glass to fracture the resolve of her enemies with four Abilities and a variety of new weapons, items, and Customizations
- New Weapons and Reinforcements: With weapons like the Astilla, which shoots slugs that explode on impact, to the Volnus, a lightweight glass hammer that deals a large amount of damage, and Reinforcements like Argonak, the hooked blade Krohkur, and its twin, the Dual Krohkur, everyone’s Arsenal will be primed for battle
- Focus Rework: The Operator-Warrior Focus 2.0 changes the Skill Tree to be more combat-focused, enabling players to equip their Operator with distinct Weapons and Armor
- Mag Pneuma Collection: Tenno can harness the magnetic force around them with the new Mag Pneuma Collection, including the lavish Mag Pneuma Skin, Maruta Tonfa Skin, and the Vasa Syandana
- Comic Book Companion: Working with Top Cow Productions, Digital Extremes’ first Warframe comic tells a dire tale of war tied into Plains of Eidolon. Get it online here