A 600MB (give or take) 1.03 patch for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has been released through GOG Galaxy and, by the looks of things, through Steam too.
The change log is a little light on specifics in parts, but makes some promising claims about improved stability and performance across the board. It also makes special note that Hairworks should work better now, so you can watch Geralt’s ‘do bounce around without it costing you quite so many precious Witcher 3 frames.
Here’s what’s said to be new. I’ve not had chance to try it out for myself just yet, but initial reports from Reddit seem relatively promising.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Patch 1.03 changelog:
- Improves stability in gameplay and the UI.
- Improves performance especially in cutscenes and gameplay.
- Fixes grass and foiliage popping that can occur after density parameters change.
- Improves Nvidia Hairworks performance.
- Boosted texture anisotropy sampling to 16x on Ultra preset.
- Sharpen Postprocess settings extended from Off/On to Off/Normal/High.
- Improves menu handling.
- Improves input responsiveness when using keyboard.
- Corrects an issue with stamina regeneration while sprinting.
- Fixes a cursor lock issue that sometimes occcurs when scrolling the map.
- Generally improves world map focus.
- Corrects a bug where player was able to fire bolts at friendly NPCs.
- Corrects an issue in dialog selections.
- Corrects some missing translations in the UI.
- Minor SFX improvements -Blood particles will now properly appear after killing enemies on the water.
- Rostan Muggs is back.
- Adds Japanese language support (text and voice-over).
- Adds Korean language support (text only).