As we march towards the October release of World of Warcraft: Shadowlands, Blizzard is still working on confirming some features. One of those is the new mount that will be added in the new expansion. Together with an increased level cap, new areas to explore, and more Covenants to pick from, World of Warcraft: Shadowlands will be shaking things up yet again.
Although there is no option for player submissions, Blizzard has provided a list of prospective rides. In fact, five possible new mounts are there for your choosing. However, you may have to use your imagination due to the lack of any visuals. The World of Warcraft: Shadowlands mount with the highest number of votes worldwide will be chosen. Be sure to cast your vote soon, because the polls will close on September 18 at 6 PM ET. US players just need to head over to the forums to cast their votes. Fan favorites for each region will also be chosen, although the implementation of said mounts is still unclear at his point.
Here are your choices for World of Warcraft: Shadowlands:
- Wandering Ancient – Not all ancients are interested in war or lore, some just want to travel the world! A large and leafy mount, the Wandering Ancient invites you to climb aboard and grab a hold of its branches as you embark on a lumbering expedition.
- Soaring Spelltome – In the forgotten depths of the Dalaran library, this oversized tome was found flapping madly around the room. Open the pages of this arcane-infused book and hitch a ride to magical adventure.
- Nerubian Swarmer – When the Helm of Domination shattered, the Nerubians under the control of the Lich King were unleashed. Some were captured by the Argent Crusade and turned by their allies in the Ebon Blade. Now their spidery claws are put to use as mounts, skittering through the frozen tundra of Icecrown in pursuit of the rampaging undead.
- Curious Caterpillar – A curious caterpillar found its way to the Heartland in the Valley of the Four Winds one night and gorged itself on the oversized vegetables. The Pandaren of Halfhill awoke the next morning to find the crops half-eaten and an enormous, slumbering caterpillar among them. Too large to become a butterfly, this friendly worm is just the right size to train as a mount.
- Gooey Slimesaber – From the slime pools of Plaguefall emerged all manner of jellied creatures, including this sticky kitty. A slimy saber cat that’s dripping with ooze, it’s the kind of mount that you’re going to want to wear gloves for.
The winning mount will be a free gift for players that purchase World of Warcraft: Shadowlands. Likewise, this token of appreciation will probably be added to your collection at the start of 2021.