Annelid-based franchise moving onto Xbox One and PS4 this month, making them the 26th and 27th platforms the series has been released on
Veteran independent developer and publisher Team17 announced its award-winning franchise’s debut on the next generation of consoles, after having seen it already appear on over twenty-five other platforms since the series introduction back in 1995.
Worms Battlegrounds is making its way on to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 and will be available both via digital download and as a boxed copy at certain retailers on the 30th May 2014. While US PlayStation fans will be able to get their hands on Worms Battlegrounds as a digital download from the PlayStation Store on the 3rd June.
Worms Battlegrounds will be the among the first titles to be released under ID Xbox, Microsoft’s new program enabling independent game developers of all sizes to produce and self-publish games digitally on Xbox One, of which Team17 are an ambassador.
Worms Battlegrounds features:
- 25 single player story missions
- 10 ‘Worm?Ops’ time attack missions
- 5 environments: Inca, Viking, Feudal Japan, Industrial Revolution and Prehistoric with day to night lighting transitions
- Multiplayer Deathmatch and Fort modes with online and local multiplayer for up to four players
- Stunning graphics and gameplay running at 1080p 60fps
- Landscape editor
- Clan support including clan emblem editor
- 65 weapons and utilities including 10 outrageous new items: Mega Mortar, Gravedigger, Winged Monkey, Oxygen, Worm Charm, Bovine Blitz, Whoopsie Cushion, Teleport Gun, Aqua Pack and The Equalizer
- Physics based contraptions
- Over 200 individual customisation items for the worms
- Dualshock 4 wireless controller’s light bar dynamically changes colour depending on your worm’s scenario. Watch as the light car glows red for attacks and explosions, blue when your worm is submerged in dynamic water and green to indicate that your worm is poisoned (PS4 version only)
- Weapon Gestures. Assign up to four weapons for quick select using the DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller’s Touch Pad (PS4 version only)
- Companion website. Keep track of your stats on the go! (PS4 version only)
- SmartGlass companion app. Keep track of your stats on the go! (Xbox One version only)
Worms Battlegrounds is due for a 30th May release for Xbox One and PS4 (EU) and will be available both via digital download and as a boxed copy at certain retailers.
In the US Worms Battlegrounds will be available for the PS4 via digital download from the PlayStation Store on the 3rd June.