Egosoft are back with the latest round of updates for X Rebirth with news that their Home of Light expansion has now been released.
The expansion release also brings with it the free 4.0 update to the game and all of these have been summarised as follows so you know what comes as free content.
- (HoL) Much larger universe: The Home of Light expansion will bring three entire new systems, including the central Home of Light, known from the X3 games, with a massive new economy.
- (HoL) Trade stations: A new station type allows you to stock large amounts of any wares you like. Buy up goods when they are cheap and sell when the price is high or your competitors’ stations mysteriously explode.
- (HoL and 4.0) New enemies, new weapons, new missions, new and mysterious phenomena.
- (HoL and 4.0) Many new secrets to explore in the outskirts of the ever growing X universe.
- (HoL and 4.0) Bulletin Board System (BBS): The new BBS system collects all currently available missions in space for an easier overview.
- (4.0) Trade improvements: Graphs showing market developments over time, a best deal finder and many UI improvements to make trading easier.
- (4.0) New engine technology: Extend your ship with a Jump Drive and other new technology to travel through the universe quicker than ever.
- (4.0) Customisable weapon upgrades: Craft weapon modifications to improve your favourite weapons.
- (4.0) Many more improvements like: Major overhaul of external view, Improved tutorials, Improved fleet management with new property owned menu and commands, New difficulty setting “Very hard”.
If you were one of the gamers who were disappointed with the original X Rebirth release then you can always try out the new demo of the Home of Light expansion which is now up on Steam.
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.