Egosoft appears to be sticking fairly well to a “one new patch per week” schedule as it attempts to wrestle X Rebirth into being a decent, playable game. You can see their ongoing progress in this thread, and also take a look at the latest patch notes (reproduced below) for update 1.20.
1.20 appears to include a few fixes for player-owned ships (trade ships in particular,) along the lines of “Fixed trade ships getting stuck after upgrade” and “Fixed player trade ships trying to trade with enemy stations.” I have no idea if the game’s economy has progressed beyond the horrible state it was in when I reviewed the title, but I suspect it can’t have got worse. Hopefully.
Anyhow, here are the notes from X Rebirth update 1.20.
Related to this article
Patch 1.20 – 2013-12-17
• Fixed several more causes of crashes and freezes.
• Fixed mouse controls not working after loading certain savegames.
• Fixed trade ships getting stuck after upgrade.
• Fixed skipping trade menu when going back to it.
• Fixed graphics options not setting correct shaders.
• Fixed missing build notifications from architects in other sectors.
• Fixed player trade ships trying to trade with enemy stations.
• Fixed menus showing out of date info about build progress.
• Fixed trades in another sector taking too long.
• Fixed upkeep mission to deliver architect to builder ship not ending.
• Fixed player ships not being returned during plot missions (will not re-create ships already lost, sorry).
• Improved ship movement in certain situations.
• Improved logic for station owned miners.
• Cell Recharge (fuel) stations in Omicron Lyrae now require Bofu instead of Food Rations.
• Various performance improvements (should be most noticeable when shadows are NOT enabled).