Variety is the spice of life, so why not introduce a few more horrifying alien threats into your XCOM 2 sessions? That’s possible today, thanks to the latest in a series of free mods created by the ‘Long War Studios’ chaps: the Alien Pack.
You can find the Alien Pack on the Steam Workshop (note that it updates and replaces the ‘Muton Centurion’ mod). Some of the alien enemies it adds are unique, while others are twists on existing XCOM 2 units. You can read the full list of new alien types, below. As well as adding all of that, the Alien Pack “adds two upgrades to the Viper unit” and “an upgrade to the Archon and the standard ADVENT MEC”.
Additionally, you should be able to use this mod to change “colors and size on many units, as well as mixing and matching ADVENT soldier components to create your own ADVENT soldier”.
- Drone (two variations) – an ADVENT scout and crowd control unit
- Naja (three variations) – a subspecies of the Viper that serves as an alien sniper unit
- Muton Elite – a version of the Muton much more powerful than its predecessors
- Sectoid Commander – an enhanced Sectoid with even greater psionic capabilities
- Sidewinder (three variations) – a subspecies of the Viper that serves as a fast and agile flanker
- Chryssalid Soldier – a larger and more intimidating variation of the Chryssalid
- Hive Queen – an even larger Chryssalid all other Chryssalids bow down to
- MEC Archer (two variations) – an ADVENT MEC equipped with long-range weaponry
- ADVENT Sentry (three variations) – an ADVENT soldier that has great Overwatch abilities
- ADVENT Rocketeer (three variations) – an ADVENT soldier with explosive ordinance
- ADVENT Grenadier (three variations) – an ADVENT soldier equipped with flashbangs, fire grenades or acid grenades
- ADVENT Gunner (three variations) – an ADVENT soldier with a cannon and the ability to suppress multiple XCOM soldiers at once
- Muton Centurion – a variation on the Muton, previously made available in the “Muton Centurion” mod