One of the greatest things about being a PC gamer is knowing that any issue that may arise, no matter how good a title is, can be fixed by the community through mods. One of these incredibly useful mods has come to XCOM 2, and is called the “Stop Wasting My Time” mod. Aptly titled, the mod cuts out the pauses between different actions in the game while not changing the gameplay whatsoever.
Here’s what BlueRaja, creator of the mod, changed:
- Removed 1-3 sec pause after shooting, throwing grenades, abilities, etc.
- Removed 1 sec pause after getting a kill
- Removed 2.75 sec pause after going into cover
- Reduced pauses from reanimating corpses and unburrowing chryssalids by 80%
- Removed unskippable Bradford voiceovers:
- 1, 3, and 6 turns remaining warnings
- Civilians dying warning
- Increased unit movement speed by ~10% (Lowered by popular demand – can be reduced back to normal under Options –> Gameplay –> Unit Movement Speed)
- Removed slowdown of non-attacked enemies during overwatch slow-mo
- Increased the speed of the Avenger on the global map
- Reduced the fade-in time of the horrendously slow color picker
There are an additional two pauses that BlueRaja claims can not be changed because they are hard-coded into the game. These are the pauses when a unit becomes panicked and a 1 second pause at the end of every turn.
SWMT is currently on the Steam Workshop and has just under 30,000 subscribers.
XCOM 2 is the sequel to 2012’s XCOM: Enemy Unknown. We loved XCOM 2 so much here that we gave it a 9.5. Make sure to read the review and get to killing some Advent.