Those damn aliens just won’t go away with the release of the new XCOM: Enemy Unknown Second Wave DLC which has just been released today. This is the second DLC update following the release of the Slingshot Content Pack which is available for £5.49 on the PC.
The new free content includes new gameplay modifiers:
- Damage Roulette: Weapons have a wider range of damage.
- New Economy: Randomized council member funding.
- Not Created Equally: Rookies will have random starting stats.
- Hidden Potential: As a soldier is promoted, stats increase randomly.
- Red Fog: Combat wounds will degrade the soldier’s mission stats.
- Absolutely Critical: A flanking shot guarantees a critical hit.
- The Greater Good: Psionics can only be learned from interrogating a psionic alien.
- Marathon: The game takes considerably longer to complete.
- Results Driven: A country offers less funding as its panic level increases.
- High Stakes: Random rewards for stopping alien abductions.
- Diminishing Returns: Increased cost of satellite construction.
- More Than Human: The psionic gift is extremely rare.
Related to this article
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.