The Room of Requirement is one of the most magical locations in the Harry Potter universe. Indeed, a chamber that only appears when you truly need it, containing numerous items left behind by countless students. You’ll get to go there in Hogwarts Legacy pretty soon enough. Here’s our Hogwarts Legacy guide to help you unlock the Room of Requirement and pick up all important chests as part of the main quest.
Note: For more information, check out our Hogwarts Legacy guides and features hub.
Hogwarts Legacy guide – How to unlock the Room of Requirement
The Room of Requirement in Hogwarts Legacy can be unlocked during your fourth day as a student (i.e., sort of like a full set of main quests represents each day). Essentially, this occurs after you complete Jackdaw’s Rest. The next day, you’re asked to attend your broom flying lessons. After that, you’ll receive a couple of tasks: talk to Sebastian to learn the Confringo spell and talk to Professor Weasley to unlock the Room of Requirement. Pick the latter and head to the marked location to start the quest. A cutscene will play where the secret entrance is revealed to you.
Once you enter, you’ll learn a new spell: Evanesco. This removes obstacles in the Room of Requirement in Hogwarts Legacy. For now, you’ll only use it to get rid of stacked furniture to clear passageways. Later, though, it’s your go-to spell if you need to remove fixtures and decorations.
In any case, continue along the narrow passageway until you come across a crate inside a nook. You can use Accio to pull it out, then climb up to reach a chest.
Further onward, you’ll spot a couple of crates with a chest in a barred section. To open it, here’s what you need to do:
- Use Accio to pull the crate on the right-hand side, then crawl through the opening.
- Use Accio again to pull it close to you in the cramped area. If it gets stuck, you can use Levioso or Depulso, then pull it back with Accio once more.
- Next, cast Levioso on the crate and jump on top of it. You should have an angle to aim (i.e., hold RMB) at the chest.
- Cast Accio on that so that it’s closer to the gap. The button prompt to open it should pop up.
- It doesn’t really give you anything awesome, but you might as well open this chest in the Hogwarts Legacy Room of Requirement before it changes completely.
And yes, it will certainly change. Just past this corridor, you’ll meet Deek the house elf. Professor Weasley will join you as well. This will cause the area to shift, turning it into a huge hub. This, finally, unlocks the Room of Requirement in Hogwarts Legacy. There’s a lot of stuff you can do here:
- Desk of Description – This lets you identify items.
- Moonstones – This resources allows you to place more decorations.
- Hub-centric spells – You can make changes to the furniture and overall aesthetics.
Hogwarts Legacy is available via Steam.