The week kicks off with more GTA V PC news as more information is uncovered in the game files.
Previously gamers had been sifting through the Xbox 360 version for clues of a PC version of the game and it’s now the turn of the PS3 to reveal more clues.
This latest batch of information nuggets are slightly more interesting as they appear to be bug reports for the PC version used in testing. The interesting part is a reference to DX11
- 985459 – PC – [PT][PB] Crash – > game_win32_beta_dx11.exe!strRequest::Release() Line 47 + 0xf bytes C++
- 614622 – [LB][PT][LDS][DX11] Blooms too much on smog weather setting.
- 632447 – [PC] All the phones are very dark and hard to read
- 496009 – [PC] Debug picker seems to be non-functional
- (no x64 prebuild cover) – Boot checks completed only.
Something else to note, which may or may not be relevant in the PC release speculation, is the mention of RMT for the online service GTA Online, the online service for GTA V which has still to launch.
- 1423784-PT – Transition from store to GTAO failed after buying RMT cash
GTA Online will allow players to invite friends into an online version of the game where they can join forces to undertake missions and generally cause havoc in Los Santos. It’s pretty much a sandbox featuring activities like heists, deathmatches, races, well it’s everything most GTA fans have wanted for along time with a stack of new content being made available over time.
This mode is said to support up to 16 players although Cinemablend has alreadyspotted that the 360 network code indicates 32 players could be possible.
With all this file datamining popping since launch it’s hard not get wrapped up in the excitement of a PC version, and with GTA Online also in the equation, you have to wonder if Rockstar will hold out on a PC release until GTA Online is ready to launch on current and next-gen platforms.
If you’ve not read Tim and Peter’s article “Seriously though, how likely is GTA V on PC?” then do so now and join the debate.
Thanks to Leon again for sending over the info.