In Sons of the Forest, there are many ways to survive against the world and the enemies that inhabit it. You can defend yourself against the cannibal forces that are causing chaos with things like a revolver. However, with the nature of the game, you can get pretty creative in how you can protect yourself. One way is by building suspension bridges, which can be used for many things. To have a greater chance of surviving, this guide on how to make a suspension bridge in Sons of the Forest could save your life.
Sons of the Forest: How to make a suspension bridge
The first thing you need to do is create is to get your materials. Let’s go over what exactly you’ll need.
Seem easy enough so far? The good thing about making a suspension bridge in Sons of the Forest is that it only needs basic materials. Unlike the Winter Jacket, both materials are easy to find and are fairly common in the game. For logs simply cut trees with your axe, but make sure the logs are the same length. As for the ropes, search in caves, campsites, and even loot boxes, you may find rope in each of these areas.
Assuming you have collected enough resources, let’s start building the suspension bridge.
- At the start of the bridge, place 7 logs on top of one another.
- On each side of the stack of logs, put two 2 logs diagonally. This will be your stairs.
- Start placing split pieces of wood in between the 2 logs you placed diagonally.
- Equip your rope, and walk behind the stack of logs so it’s facing outward
- Look at the stack as your starting point, then turn around and set the ending position of the bridge.
- Left-click on one side of the bridge to set the rope. Then, with your rope still equipped, make your way to the other side and place the other end of the rope.
- Do the above step twice, because the rope needs to be on both sides.
- When you’ve built the rope bridge, now all you have to do is build the steps going across. I recommend starting with the stack of logs and building from there.
Sons of the Forest is available now via Steam.