More space may be needed since more content is being added to the free-to-play gacha game Genshin Impact. Like other games, moving the game to a different spot can take some time since you will need to uninstall it and then move it. You can do this for Genshin Impact, however, there’s a workaround so you don’t have to install it again when you move it to a new drive. To keep everything safe, read this guide on how to move Genshin Impact to another drive. It’s surprisingly just as easy as uninstalling the game.
Genhsin Impact: How to move the game to another drive
Simply copying and pasting won’t do the trick, you’ll still get the prompt to reinstall Genshin Impact when it’s moved to another drive. Below I’ll walk you through the process step-by-step so you don’t have long.
- In your file explorer search for Genshin Impact. Copy and Paste the whole file of the game onto the new drive
- After it’s placed in the new drive, navigate to the config.ini.file.
- Open it via Notepad or Wordpad. To do this, right-click on the file and select Open With. You should see the options there.
- When the file is open, look at the second line under Launcher. It should say something like game_install_path=C:/Program Files/Genshin Impact/Genshin Impact game.
- Next, check the letter of the new drive where the game is and simply change it to the new drive’s letter.
- For example: If the old destination is game_install_path=C:/Program Files/Genshin Impact/Genshin Impact Game, and the new drive is in D, change the letter. So it should look like this: game_install_path=D:/Program Files/Genshin Impact/Genshin Impact game.
Check out his Hydro Traveler build guide for Season 4. It could make the season fun to play.
This looks hard to do, but just make sure you know which drive the game is going into. If you have to reinstall Genhsin Impact, double-check the destination, you could have put it in the wrong spot.
Genshin Impact is free to play via Epic Games.