Salt and Sacrifice – Ochre Tome of Fates location (Bol Gerahn)
Let’s discuss the Ochre Tome of Fates in Salt and Sacrifice, a key item that can be found in Bol Gerahn.
I’ll assume that you’ve already progressed further in this zone (i.e., you’ve devoured a few mages and you’ve explored parts of the Temple of Bol Gerahn). If that’s the case, you can make your way back to the temple which is to the left of the starting area (you should be able to open the door from inside if you’ve been exploring a bit).
Go ahead and climb the scaffolding and exit to the right.
Once you’re outside, grapple and enter the upper doorway.
Here’s what you can find in the next chamber:
- Left – A doorway that’ll only open after you’ve devoured three named mages. There’s a Nameless Mage Hunt inside.
- Up then left – The platforms here will collapse, all while a blade trap is spinning. Jump and roll when you touch the middle platform to mantle on the last one. The corridor leads to the Shroud Invasion NPC.
- Up then right – This is where you need to go. There’s a blade trap here and some mobs, so watch out.
Upon exiting, you can climb to the top again to enter the door to the left. Take out or kill the mobs in the chamber. Here’s what you’ll find:
- Bottom-left – This is where you need to go.
- Up then right – You can open the large door that leads back outside.
- Up then left – The Healer’s Armor Set is found in a small room. If you continue upward then right, you’ll see a Named Mage Hunt (which will let you open any door that needs three devoured mages in this zone). You can pass through the sealed doorway later to pick up the Palatine Vanguard and Palatine Armor Set.
I digress. Okay, if you went through the bottom-left passageway, you can use the Grappling Hook while wall-jumping to make your way to the top. Pick up the Altarstone Glaive here.
In the next room, you can grab the Ochre Tome of Fates. An NPC, Inquisitor Amben, is also in this room if you already talked to him in Ashbourne Village.
We’ll talk about the key item in Corvius’ Mire in the next part of our Salt and Sacrifice Fated Tome and Fated Hunts guide.