During the summer conference CD PROJEKT RED decided the time was right to reveal the release date for The Witcher 3.
The game is set for release next year on 24 February along with the news that pre-orders are now live and it can be picked up for $53.99. The Collector’s Edition comes with the obligatory game figurine which they say is “the most artistically complete game figure ever made for a collector’s edition of a game”.
“Behold, the Collector’s Edition of The Witcher–over two kilograms of the most badass monster slayer, ready to bring your desktop figure collection to a whole new level,” said Adam Badowski, Head of Studio, CD PROJEKT RED.
So what go you get in your 2 kilogram bundle of RPG goodness?
- – A giant, 33x24x26 cm (10”), 100% hand painted, Polystone figure of Geralt of Rivia battling a Griffin
- – An exquisite, collector-grade Witcher medallion
- – A one-of-a-kind SteelBook™ box
- – A two-hundred-page artbook, containing breathtaking art from the game
- – Huge outer and inner Collector’s Boxes you can store your Witcher merchandise in!
If you don’t want to stretch for the CE then the box contents include:
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt box contents:
- – A Blu-ray™ Disc with the game (DVDs on PC)
- – An exclusive CD with the official soundtrack
- – The official, developer-created “Witcher Universe – The Compendium”
- – A beautiful, detailed map of the in-game world
- – A set of unique stickers
- – A stylish, protective sleeve
There will also be multilingual versions in English, Polish, German, French, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese and Japanese (full voiceover); Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Czech, Hungarian, Latin America Spanish, Korean (subtitles). Just about every base is covered.
We’re not done yet though, there’s also a new trailer called “The Sword of Destiny” and an unboxing video.