Counter-Strike 2 (CS2) is a detailed FPS game where the milliseconds really count. You’ll be wanting to test your aim and practice to improve your skills. Playing against bots is a decent way to do so; however, there is a better way to practice. Using created maps from other players, you can practice your skills with much more intensity and accuracy. In no time, you’ll be accused of using an aimbot. Here are the best aim training maps in CS2.
The best training maps in CS2
A good training map in CS2 will have many features that will let you practice your aim. There are quite a few of them, but I’ve got the best three here for you to try and evaluate. Make sure you practice with your favorite before the first match of the day to get into the zone and shake off any rust.
The community servers and the Steam Workshop aren’t in effect yet, which is where these maps would have otherwise been hosted. Until then, you’ll have to mess with your files a little to get them. In the list, each entry is hyperlinked to the website where you will be shown how to install and play that map, as well as a bit more information on the map itself. This is only a temporary measure, and if you want to wait for the workshop to open up, then that’s fine, too.
Below are the general community’s recommendations:
Alternate CS2 Aim Botz
You can’t really go wrong with this practice map, as it features all the guns and a field of targets that you can toggle to be stationary or moving. Really easy to operate and cleanly presented, this map is a very popular choice for CS2 players.
Like the map above, in this map, there is a field of enemies just waiting to be popped. With a tidy display and easy-to-use settings, you’ll be able to practice to your heart’s content. Additionally, this map features a leaderboard panel, so if you’re into competitive training, then go right ahead.
This map is typically a paid service; however, you can join their Discord Server for a limited time to get the map file for free. This map features a leaderboard as well as some extra modes, like Shuffle, that the other maps don’t provide. Again, this is usually a premium service, so make sure to get it while it remains free!
Each aim training is great and will get the job done, so don’t worry about really digging into detail about which is better. Just choose the one you had more fun using!
How to play training maps in CS2
There are a few steps to follow here, but the process is simple. Make sure to follow each one in order, or it won’t work, and you’ll be left with some messy files.
- Go into the properties of Counter-Strike 2 in your Steam library.
- In the General tab, scroll down and type ‘-insecure’ into the text box below ‘launch options’. This will be required to play the maps, but make sure to remove the command when you want to queue up for a public match.
- Install the zip file from the respective website.
- Extract the zip file in your downloads folder and copy the map file.
- Go back into the properties of Counter-Strike 2 and head into ‘Installed Files’.
- Click on ‘browse’.
- Follow this folder path: game > csgo > maps.
- Paste the map file into this folder.
- Launch the game and enable console in your settings.
- Enter map X in the console, where X is the name of your game.
- Hit enter, and you’ll load into the game!
I hope you’ve enjoyed our guide for installing and playing these incredible CS2 aim training maps. If you want even more CS2 content like this, head on over to PC Invasion.