Monochrome’s 2013 zombie shooter is Contagion attempted a more realistic approach to the genre and now they’re taking it to VR with Contagion VR: Outbreak.
Ahead of an Early Access, a single player demo has been released by the developer and the full game will include multiplayer modes including co-op and PvP. Monochrome will also be allowing VR and non-VR players in the game which is good news but they say that needs to be balanced first before its released.
This new version of the game has been created from scratch and will come with the following features.
- VR driven game-play mechanics: Perform physical actions true to life that immerse players deep inside the world of Contagion.
- Full single player campaign: Each character has their own history, learn the events each experienced that shaped their personalities and defines who they are today.
- A massive arsenal of weapons: Firearms, melee weapons, explosives, and much much more!
- Multiple co-op modes: Fight alongside your friends in one of our multi-player focused modes, or climb the leader-boards in any of our shooting range challenges!
- Challenge other survivors: Have a competitive itch? Hop into one of our PVP multi-player modes and see if you’re good enough to be king of the VR wasteland!
- Customize your personal space: Play the game to unlock loot drops and customize your home base to your liking before heading out to battle the infected.
Here’s a quick gameplay video and the Contagion VR: Outbreak demo can be grabbed right now on the Steam page.
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.