There was word earlier in the day that Dark Souls 3 would have some “big news” later this month (probably not t-shirts this time), and there’s also a new patch on the way. The 1.07 patch isn’t the “big news” either, in case you were wondering.
For those playing on PC, Dark Souls 3 will go down for patch maintenance on 25 August at the following times: US Pacific (1.00am to 3.00am), Central European (10.00am to Noon), Japan Standard Time (5.00pm to 7.00pm). You should still be able to play offline during those times if you want, but multiplayer will be unavailable.
Here’s the changelog for update 1.07. In the usual From Software manner, some of it is pretty vague (“balance issues adjusted” and the like).
- The length of the Hammer skill, Perseverance (reduce damage when activated), has been increased.
- Delayed the movement cancel timing of certain medium shields upon guard break.
- Removed the ability to parry when using the skills Blind Spot (Corvian Greatknife, Handmaid’s dagger) and Dancer’s Grace (Dancer’s Enchanted Swords).
- Adjusted the shield penetration properties of Harpe, Shotel, Crescent Moon Sword, Carthus Shotel, Man Serpent Hatchet and Darkdrift.
- Fixed a bug where sound effects did not play properly when using Lightning Spears in quick succession.
- The attack cancel timing for rapiers equipped in the left hand has been adjusted.
- Several balance issues have been adjusted.
- Flaws have been fixed to improve performance.