Diablo 4 has a lot of great classes, but one that is newer, challenging, and more rewarding is the Rogue. Rogues can deal crazy high damage, and after the release of the Season of the Blood, they have become the class of choice for many Diablo 4 players. Here is the best Rogue build in Diablo 4.
The best Rogue build in Diablo 4 Season 2
If you are more prone to deliver melee damage and become more involved during your battles and encounters, then the famous Twisting Blades Rogue build might as well be your cup of tea. While I enjoy the range capabilities of the Rogue just as much as I enjoy sending my minions whenever I play as a Necromancer, there is something inside me that finds enjoyment in rushing straight into the enemy’s frontline. Maybe it’s the tank and barbarian inside me, who knows?
Anyway, the Twisting Blades Rogue build is a fast-paced build that has its learning curve, with the Twisting Blades core skill being the main source of damage. This will allow you to deal heavy damage to single targets and become a dungeon speedrunner. Just beware that if you end up being overwhelmed, you can be taken out since this build features reduced area damage. If you are not feeling safe with the Twisting Blades Rogue, you can try the Dual Core Rapid Fire Flurry Rogue build, which favors ranged damage over melee. Both builds will require practice, so don’t give up so easily.
Twisting Blades Rogue build: Skill Bar
The Twisting Blades Rogue build is focused on dealing the most amount of damage possible, while also trying to spread it across the biggest area possible. The trick is to incapacitate the biggest enemy while destroying the lesser ones. To do so, use Shadow Step to target the strongest enemy and then cast Puncture to build up Combo Points. Then, cast Twisting Blades and use Dash to move towards enemy groups. The Twisting Blades then will return like boomerangs, hopefully defeating all enemies that they encounter. Continue using Puncture and Twisting Blades to finish off any remaining enemies. Here are the main skills explained, all of which are allocated to your Skill Bar:
- Concealment: Vanish from sight, gaining an advanced form of Stealth for 5 seconds that will not be removed by taking damage. Concealment also makes you Unstoppable, grants 30% Movement Speed, and allows you to move freely through enemies for its duration. Using an attack Skill during Concealment will break Concealment.
- Dash: Dash forward and slash enemies for 32% damage.
- Puncture: Throw blades a short distance, dealing 21% damage. Every 3rd cast Slows enemies by 20% for 2 seconds. Critical Strikes will always Slow.
- Shadow Imbuement: Imbue your weapons with festering shadows. Your next 2 Imbueable Skills deal Shadow damage and infect enemies for 6 seconds. Infected enemies explode on death, dealing 40% damage to all surrounding enemies. If the infection expires before the enemy dies, it will deal 40% damage to only that enemy.
- Shadow Step: Become Unstoppable and quickly move through the shadows to stab your victim from behind for 72% damage. Gain 50% increased Movement Speed for 2 seconds afterward.
- Twisting Blades: Impale an enemy with your blades, dealing 45% damage and making them take 8% increased damage from you while impaled. After 1.5 seconds the blades return to you, piercing enemies for 72% damage. Combo Points increase damage and grant a Movement Speed bonus for 3 seconds.
Twisting Blades Rogue build: Skill Point allocation
|Basic Skill||Puncture Level 1|
|Core Skill||Twisting Blades Level 5|
Enhanced Twisting Blades
Improved Twisting Blades
Sturdy Level 3
Siphoning Strikes Level 3
Stutter Step Level 3
|Agility Skill||Dash Level 1|
Shadow Step Level 1
Enhanced Shadow Step
Methodical Shadow Step
Weapon Mastery Level 3
Concussive Level 3
Trick Attacks Level 1
|Subterfuge Skill||Concealment Level 1|
Exploit Level 3
Malice Level 3
Agile Level 3
|Imbuement Skill||Shadow Imbuement Level 1|
Enhanced Shadow Imbuement
Blended Shadow Imbuement
Shadow Crash Level 1
Consuming Shadow Level 3
|Ultimate Skill||Adrenaline Rush Level 1|
Haste Level 3
Innervation Level 3
|Key Passives||Close Quarters Combat|
Twisting Blades Rogue build: Best Vampiric Powers
|Major Vampiric Powers||Accursed Touch: Lucky Hit: Up to a 44% chance to inflict Vampiric Curse on enemies. Enemies with the Vampiric Curse have a 15% chance to spread it to other surrounding enemies. Accursed Souls deal 200% increased damage.|
Metamorphosis: When you Evade you turn into a cloud of bats, becoming Unstoppable for 4 seconds. Enemies along your path take 160% Physical damage and are inflicted with Vampiric Curse.
|Minor Vampiric Powers||Anticipation: Your Ultimate Skills gain 20% Cooldown Reduction. Your Ultimate Skills gain 12% increased damage for each nearby enemy affected by your Damage Over Time effects.|
Domination: You deal 24% increased damage to enemies who are Stunned, Immobilized, Frozen, or Feared. If they’re also Injured and not an Elite, they’re instantly killed.
Prey on the Weak: You deal 16% increased damage to Vulnerable enemies. Enemies are Vulnerable while affected by a Vampiric Curse from your other Vampiric Powers.
Resilience: You gain 1% Damage Reduction for each 2% Life you are missing.
Ravenous: Lucky Hit: Up to a 20% chance to increase your Attack Speed by 40% of your Total Movement Speed for 6 seconds.
Sanguine Brace: When you kill an enemy, Fortify for 6% of your Base Life. While you have more Fortify than half of your Maximum Life, you gain 8% Critical Strike Chance.
Be sure to keep practicing to master the Twisting Blades Rogue build in Diablo 4. Eventually, you will see the damage capabilities of the Rogue in its close-ranged facet.