A new, cool-looking RPG, Din’s Legacy, is out now via Steam Early Access. Din’s Legacy can be described as an action-based RPG with mutating characters, set in a world that is constantly evolving and changing. Good news for those who opt into Early Access: you will receive full access to the latest alpha build, a reduced price of only $14.99 (10% off during the first week), as well as the rare opportunity to give the developer Soldak feedback before the final version is released. You can basically have input on how it turns out.
Din’s Legacy Story via press release:
During the Orc Schism, the entire Orc race was violently split into Dark Orcs, Zombielords, and the Mutated. The Mutated are tainted with Orc blood, a zombie parasite, and necromancer magic. This makes people seriously mistrust and even fear them. The fact that they slowly mutate over time makes it even worse. Who is going to trust you when you grow horns overnight?
Despite all of this, the Mutated are actually more closely related to the Elves, both their behavior and physically. They want to prove this to the world, but they are facing a tremendous uphill battle.
The trickster god Din was intrigued by their chaotic mutations and burning desire to prove themselves to the world. Always in need of champions, he made a pact with the Mutated. Each volunteer would become one of his champions trying to save the world wherever Din sends them. In return, each time they die in his service he resurrects them to continue their service.
- Watch as your character mutates over time and becomes either good or bad
- You can guide your character’s evolution (choosing/improving skills, suppressing unwanted mutations, etc)
- Use your earned mutation points to mutate your character towards another character or sub-class
- Uniquely created worlds for every game, with a different scenario, win/lose conditions, areas, monsters, items, and quests, give the player a new experience every time
- Explore a dynamic, evolving, living world
- Your choices will have an impact on the overall game
- Co-op multiplayer to adventure with your friends
Head on over to the Official Steam Page for Din’s Legacy to jump into the game right now. Let us know your thoughts on the game as it develops, too! I must say the game’s overall style reminds me of a cross between World of Warcraft and Runescape, so well done to the developer for giving it that feel but with a twist.Related to this article
Tarah Bleier is a freelance writer, editor and content creator from Toronto. She currently actively writes for, Daily Esports, Nintendo Enthusiast, PC Invasion, Flixist and Outright Geekery. As a graduate from Centennial College’s Journalism program, she has also written for Tribute.ca, Factinate.com and recently for Geek Enthusiast Magazine. In her free time, she loves gaming, cosplaying, prop making and attending as many conventions and geeky events as she can.