The Wanderer Scaramouche unleashes the fury of the winds in Genshin Impact. As such, you’ll want to check the ideal options for him with the accessories that are available. Here’s our Genshin Impact Wanderer Scaramouche best artifacts guide to help you with Desert Pavilion Chronicle, Viridescent Venerer, Retracing Bolide, and more.
Note: For more information about the game, check out our Genshin Impact guides and features hub. Likewise, you can take a look at our main guide for Wanderer Scaramouche’s build.
Genshin Impact Wanderer Scaramouche best artifacts guide – Desert Pavilion Chronicle, Viridescent Venerer, Retracing Bolide, and other options
Desert Pavilion Chronicle
Let’s be clear about this: Desert Pavilion Chronicle is the best artifact for Wanderer Scaramouche in Genshin Impact. Found in the City of Gold domain in Sumeru, it has the following effects:
- 2-piece bonus: +15% Anemo damage.
- 4-piece bonus: Charged attacks that hit opponents increase normal attack speed by 10%; also increases the damage of normal, charged, and plunging attacks by 40%.
Considering Scaramouche’s playstyle, whereby you’re either spamming normal attacks or charged attacks for AoE damage, having these kinds of boosts will certainly help. Nothing else really comes close. The only downside is that it’ll probably take a while before you obtain a 4-piece set with god-tier rolls.
Viridescent Venerer, Retracing Bolide, Wanderer’s Troupe, and other options
- 4-piece Viridescent Venerer – You should only consider Viridescent Venerer if Wanderer is the sole Anemo character in the team. This is to ensure that the 4-piece perk shreds the Anemo resistance of foes, while also increasing Swirl damage. However, if you already have a support character in the squad, then they can be the ones to wear this set to proc the effect.
- 4-piece Retracing Bolide – Retracing Bolide can also be thought of as one of the best artifact sets for Wanderer Scaramouche in Genshin Impact, especially if you don’t want to get Desert Pavilion Chronicle pieces. This set gives 35% shield strength and 40% normal/charged attack bonus if you’re protected by a shield. Now, given that Scaramouche has absolutely no interrupt resistance while hovering in mid-air, you’ll probably bring a shielder with you anyway (i.e., Zhongli, Diona/Layla, or Thoma). This gives you the benefit of the buff, while also keeping Scaramouche in mid-air for a prolonged period since the shield can soak an unlucky hit. If paired with the Memory of Dust, one of the best weapons for him, then you’ll get even bigger bonuses.
- 4-piece Echoes of an Offering – Echoes of an Offering from the Lost Valley domain is something that you can try, assuming you’ve got nice rolls already. It gives +18% ATK, and normal attacks have a chance to gain a buff that makes them deal 70% of ATK as a bonus. However, this is entirely proc based, and it doesn’t occur all the time. Still, due to Wanderer’s blindingly fast slicing projectiles, you might be able to trigger the effect more often.
- 4-piece Wanderer’s Troupe – As for Wanderer’s Troupe, well, it does use the same word as the character’s namesake. The good thing is that it increases the charged attack damage of bow/catalyst users. The unfortunate part is that the elemental mastery bonus isn’t really something we heavily rely on.
- 4-piece Shimenawa’s Reminiscence – Shimenawa’s Reminiscence is another option that gives +18% ATK and +50% normal/charged/plunging attack damage bonuses, though you lose energy when you pop your skill. While you won’t be casting your burst immediately, I guess that’s fine since you’d normally use your burst at the end of the hovering cycle (when you’ve almost run out of hover stamina).
- Main stats: ATK%, Anemo, and crit for the sands, goblet, and circlet respectively.
- Sub-stats: Crit > ATK%.
- Do take note that one of Wanderer’s passives grants +20% crit if his elemental skill cast comes into contact with Cryo. As such, staying at around 55% should be fine when you’re in permafreeze/Reverse Morgana comps.
Genshin Impact is available via its official website. For more information, check out our guides and features hub.