Genshin Impact is a brand new, open-world adventure RPG from miHoYo. While it is a free-to-play title, it does have a lot of microtransactions and “gacha” mechanics — things that’ll probably cause you some concerns.
Still, you could continue onwards with the journey without spending a dime, although be forewarned that it can be quite grindy and tedious. In any case, here’s our guides and features hub to help you out.
Genshin Impact: Guides and features hub
Features and starter guides
- The anti-cheat problem – Genshin Impact had an extremely aggressive anti-cheat software that continued to run even after the game was closed. Thankfully, it seems to have been tweaked after fan backlash.
- Beginner’s guide and exploration tips – You’re probably just starting your adventure in Genshin Impact‘s world of Tevyat. Here are some tips for newbie adventurers.
- Early-game quests – Here are some early-game quests in Genshin Impact.
- Character leveling and EXP Boosts – As is the case in adventure games and RPGs, you’re going to have to increase the level of your characters. We tell you the basics concepts here.
- Adventure Ranks – There are several factors to take note of while you’re leveling in the campaign. It’s not just the level of your characters, but also your Adventure Rank which opens up more quests to progress the story.
- Adventure Rank Ascension Quest – Your Adventure Rank also has a cap, and you’ll need to ascend it to pass a threshold.
- Cooking and healing items – Cooking will become an important fixture during your journey since it becomes a primary method of healing.
- Crafting and forging – Perhaps you want to level-up your weapons too. Here are some tips.
- Artifact enhancement and increasing your DPS – You’ll want to enhance your Artifacts to gain damage boosts.
- Combat and elemental abilities – Every character in the game has their own abilities and elemental focus. Likewise, there are additional procs whenever you chain elemental status effects.
- Characters guide and ratings – After learning about elemental combat, it’s time to find out which characters are the best of the best in Genshin Impact.
- Xiangling guide – Here’s our guide regarding Xiangling’s weapons, artifacts, and talents.
- Fischl guide – Here’s our guide regarding Fischl’s weapons, artifacts, and talents.
- Venti guide – Here’s our guide regarding Venti’s weapons, artifacts, and talents.
- Barbara guide – Here’s our guide regarding Barbara’s weapons, artifacts, and talents.
- Qiqi guide – Here’s our guide regarding Qiqi’s weapons, artifacts, and talents.
- Childe/Tartaglia guide – Here’s our guide regarding Tartaglia’s weapons, artifacts, and talents.
- Albedo guide – Here’s our guide regarding Albedo’s weapons, artifacts, and talents.
- Ganyu guide – Here’s our guide regarding Ganyu’s weapons, artifacts, and talents.
- Xiao guide – Here’s our guide regarding Xiao’s weapons, artifacts, and talents.
- Hu Tao guide – Here’s our guide regarding Hu Tao’s weapons, artifacts, and talents.
- Rosaria guide – Here’s our guide regarding Rosaria’s weapons, artifacts, and talents.
- Yanfei guide – Here’s our guide regarding Yanfei’s weapons, artifacts, and talents.
- Zhongli guide – Here’s our guide regarding Zhongli’s weapons, artifacts, and talents.
- Eula guide – Here’s our guide regarding Eula’s weapons, artifacts, and talents.
- Klee guide – Here’s our guide regarding Klee’s weapons, artifacts, and talents.
- Kazuha guide – Here’s our guide regarding Kazuha’s weapons, artifacts, and talents.
- Ayaka guide – Here’s our guide regarding Ayaka’s weapons, artifacts, and talents.
- Yoimiya guide – Here’s our guide regarding Yoimiya’s weapons, artifacts, and talents.
- Sayu guide – Here’s our guide regarding Sayu’s weapons, artifacts, and talents.
- Raiden Shogun guide – Here’s our guide regarding the Raiden Shogun’s weapons, artifacts, and talents.
- Kujou Sara guide – Here’s our guide regarding Kujou Sara’s weapons, artifacts, and talents.
- Aloy guide – Here’s our guide regarding Aloy’s weapons, artifacts, and talents.
- How to obtain Aloy for PC and other platforms – It’s a PS4/PS5 exclusive, but you can link your miHoYo account.
- Sangonomiya Kokomi guide – Here’s our guide regarding Sangonomiya Kokomi’s weapons, artifacts, and talents.
- Jueyun Chili farming locations – Spice up your life, and Xiangling’s Ascension process, with some Jueyun Chili.
- Small Lamp Grass farming locations – Here’s where you’ll find Small Lamp Grass.
- Philanemo Mushroom farming locations – Philanemo Mushrooms can be hard to find.
- Violetgrass farming locations – Let’s go farming for Violetgrass.
- Silk Flower farming locations – It’s time to pick some Silk Flowers.
- Valberry farming locations – Go ahead and find those Valberries.
- Dandelion Seed farming locations – Let’s look for Dandelion Seeds.
- Sea Ganoderma farming locations – Check the beaches for Sea Ganoderma.
- Sakura Bloom farming locations – Farming Sakura Blooms is annoying.
- Crystal Marrow farming locations – The bones of beastly behemoths.
- Naku Weed farming locations – Purple plants and purple rain.
- Dendrobium farming locations – Red flowers all over Inazuma
- Amakumo Fruit farming locations – Fruits in the land of lightning.
- Sango Pearl farming locations – Do you want these pearls in your milk tea?
- Progression and unlockables – There are several menus and panels for you to look into while you’re progressing through the campaign. Many of these provide additional rewards that would aid you down the line.
- Daily reset and daily activities schedule – If you want to settle on a comfier schedule while playing Genshin Impact, here are some tips.
- Ley Line Outcrops, Domains, and Elites – These activities can help you progress further, but they’ll use up your Original Resin if you plan on opening chests.
- Abyssal Domains – Artifacts, weapon ascension materials, and items for leveling talents are up for grabs when you farm these dungeons.
- Reputation rewards and Condensed Resin – It’s imperative that you increase your reputation in Monstadt and Liyue if you want these rewards.
- Stormterror boss fight – It’s time to battle the big bad dragon in one epic boss fight.
- Andrius boss fight (The Wolf of the North challenge) – Take out the big bad (frozen) wolf to complete this challenge.
- Childe/Tartaglia boss fight – The Fatui Harbinger isn’t just a new addition to version 1.1’s Wish banner. He’s also a weekly boss fight.
- The Spiral Abyss – This dungeon is a pinnacle activity presenting the toughest challenges in Genshin Impact. Can you handle it?
- Azhdaha boss fight – Newly added in version 1.5, this Dragon Turtle monster can be fought for weekly rewards.
Quest and event guides
- The Rite of Descension quest – This main quest (after defeating Stormterror and completing a quest from Venti) takes you all the way to Liyue Harbor.
- Vermeer’s Paintings and the Strange Rocks – Can you help Vermeer find his paintbrush and solve the mystery of the statues in Luhua Pool?
- Qingyun Peak’s Three Divine Birds – You can solve a puzzle that’s hidden atop Genshin Impact‘s majestic mountains.
- Qingce Ruins and Wuwang Hills fragments – If you’re able to find three fragments, you’ll eventually discover a treasure hoard.
- The secret island and the Time and the Wind quest – There’s an island that’s not even visible on the world map, but it’s got a cool quest and lots of loot.
- The Elemental Crucible event – This event lasts only a week, and you can have some speedy runs each time.
- The Marvelous Merchandise event – Give some stuff to a vendor named Liben and you could open boxes filled with rewards.
- Unreconciled Stars event: Part I – Unknown Star – You’ll be searching for meteorites to obtain a free Fischl.
- Unreconciled Stars event: Part II – Star of Deceitful Dreams – The second phase has you salvaging meteor chunks for rewards. You also get to meet Mona.
- Unreconciled Stars event: Part III – Star of Destiny – This is the conclusion of the event.
- Gliding Challenge event – Take to the skies and complete courses to receive rewards.
- While It’s Warm event – Deliver food and get some rewards.
- The Chalk Prince and the Dragon event – This event lasts for a couple of weeks. You’ll meet Albedo, Sucrose, and Rosaria, too.
- Lost Riches event – Follow the Treasure-Seeking Seelie and gather those iron coins. I’ve included updates for the subsequent days since there are various co-op challenges and special treasures.
- Hypostatic Symphony event – Battle some beefed-up hypostasis bosses to get high scores.
Microtransactions and miscellaneous guides
- Microtransactions, Wishes, and currencies – You’re bound to get a slight migraine just looking at all the microtransactions in Genshin Impact, as well as the currencies involved. Here’s a guide to help you sort things out if ever you feel like making a purchase.
- Gnostic Hymn Battle Pass: Is it worth it? – There’s a “seasonal” Battle Pass upgrade of sorts, one that has loads of rewards. Should you buy it, though?
- “Sparkling Steps” Wish – Should you grab a Wish that nets you Klee, Xingqiu, Sucrose, and Noelle?
- Version 1.1 announcement – Genshin Impact‘s 1.1 content update will add four new characters, and they’re likely to be featured microtransactions.
Version 1.2 and Dragonspine region guides
- Version 1.2 announcement – Lots of changes, additional content, and a new region to explore.
- Claiming free Acquaint Fates – More premium currency from character leveling.
- The Kamera gadget – Here’s a gadget that can help you take more dynamic photo mode screenshots.
- How to survive Sheer Cold – Oh, the weather outside is frightful, but the bonfires of Dragonspine are delightful.
- How to unlock the Statue of the Seven – You’ll need to destroy Ancient Rime blocks.
- Frostbearing Tree and Crimson Wishes – It’s Dragonspine’s version of Anemoculi and Geoculi.
- Secret Crimson Agate locations – Although a majority of Crimson Agates are scattered all over Dragonspine (and many are marked on the minimap), a select few are quite hidden.
- The secret door in Starglow Cavern – Find three hidden boxes and the reward can be yours.
- Stone tablets and the Snow-Tombed Starsilver – Interact with all eight stone tablets and you might get this claymore.
- Strange Tooth and the Dragonspine Spear – Completing the “Festering Fang” sidequest nets you the Dragonspine Spear weapon.
- The Peak of Vindagnyr domain and “In The Mountains” quest – There’s a lengthy questline that takes you all over Dragonspine. Eventually, you’ll unlock the Peak of Vindagnyr domain.
Version 1.3/”All That Glitters” and Lantern Rite guides
- Version 1.3 announcement – What can we look forward to in Liyue’s festival?
- What’s new in version 1.3? – Let’s examine the new content and additional events.
- Primo Geovishap and Juvenile Jade – It’s a new elite boss and it drops an ascension material.
- New Transmutation Methods – Dust of Azoth and the Parametric Transformer let you convert your stuff into something else.
- Kurious Kamera and Five Flushes of Fortune event – Take colorful photos of objects in Teyvat. Then, exchange them for rewards.
- The Special Kamera – You’ll get a nifty gadget that adds a gold filter to photos.
- Bough Keeper: Dainsleif – This mysterious fella knows a lot about the Traveler’s journey.
- Lantern Rite mega guide – This is the premier event of the “All That Glitters” update.
- Theater Mechanicus – It’s time to play tower defense with a dash of Genshin Impact.
- Theater Mechanicus: Armory tower upgrades – So, which towers are the best ones to use at the moment?
- Theater Mechanicus: Character picks – You’ve got a lot of characters, but which ones are the best picks for this activity?
- Theater Mechanicus: Peace Talismans – Completing challenges nets you this currency.
- Xiao Market rewards – What exactly can you obtain for all the Peace Talismans you’ve acquired?
- Lantern Rite Tales I and Festive Fever: “We’ve Only Just Begun” – These mini-quests increase the entire event’s Festive Fever stage.
- Festive Fever: “Guests Flock From Afar” – The next phase requires the completion of another one of Xiao’s story quests.
- Lantern Rite Tales II – More mini-quests are made available each day.
- Festive Fever: “Glow of a Thousand Lanterns” – It’s the final Festive Fever stage.
- Lantern Rite Tales III – The last set of mini-quests are here.
- Wish Upon A Lantern – It’s a web event where you can obtain a random amount of primogems.
- Ley Line Overflow – Double the rewards for only 20 resin.
- Papilio Charontis – Hu Tao’s story quest leads you to a mysterious domain with a few puzzles.
- Vishaps and Where to Find Them – New expeditions are available, so it’s time to hunt for those annoying armadillos.
Version 1.4/”Invitation of Windblume” and Windblume Festival guides
- Version 1.4 announcement – What can we expect for Mondstadt’s festival?
- What’s new in version 1.4? – Events and mini-games galore.
- Hangout Events – Chill with some characters, check out branching storylines, and discover multiple endings.
- Bennett’s Hangout Event – Fantastic Voyage – Benny Boy is looking for an adventure.
- Barbara’s Hangout Event – Wellspring of Healing – The shy deaconess is trying to escape her legion of fans.
- Noelle’s Hangout Event – Chivalric Training – The maid of the Knights of Favonius tests her strength.
- Chongyun’s Hangout Event – Signs of Evil – The Cryo exorcist is looking for sources of evil.
- Windblume Festival mega guide – Here’s our main guide for version 1.4’s premier event.
- The Windblume Ode bow – Is this freebie weapon worth it?
- Festive Anecdotes – It’s time to complete some mini-quests.
- Bullseye Balloons, Floral Freefall, and Ballads of Breeze – These mini-games can be quite fun.
- The Peculiar Wonderland – This strange domain has several challenges for you to complete.
- Contending Tides – Battle many foes in the arena.
- Wishful Drops and Rhodeia’s Rage – Help Endora fight against the raging Oceanid.
- “We Will Be Reunited” and the Abyss Herald – A new foe emerges just as the two Traveler siblings meet.
Version 1.5/”Beneath the Light of Jadeite” and Serenitea Pot guides
- Version 1.5 announcement – Player homes? Oh, my!
- What’s new in version 1.5? – Here’s an overview of what you can expect.
- Noelle Hangout Event (Act 2) – The Honorary Maid-Knight of Favonius has more tasks.
- Diona Hangout Event – It’s a cat!
- Zhongli: Historia Antiqua (Act 2) – Continue with Zhongli’s story.
- Eula: Aphros Delos – Eula has a very icy demeanor.
- Cryo Hypostasis – Time to farm new materials.
- Ridge Watch domain – A couple of artifact sets can be collected.
- Serenitea Pot mega guide – Check out everything you need to know about the player home system.
- Realm Depot items – What sort of stuff can you buy with realm currency?
- Wood locations – Chop down those trees because Teyvat’s about to experience global warming.
- Crafting tips – How do you speed up the process?
- Secret blueprint vendors – More furniture sets you can learn to craft.
- Traveling Salesman – It’s Genshin Impact‘s version of Xur.
- Energy Amplifier Initiation event and Twisted Realm – Acquire those crystals and enter domains to complete a trial.
- Windtrace: Hunters vs. Rebels – It’s hide and seek time!
- Battlefront: Misty Dungeon – Complete objectives in a dungeon.
- Mimi Tomo and Unusual Hilichurl – Translate the language of the hilichurls to find your target.
- Overflowing Mastery – Amass talent leveling materials in the Forsaken Rift and Taishan Mansion domains.
Version 1.6/”Midsummer Island Adventure” guides
- Version 1.6 announcement – Sailing the high seas.
- What’s new in version 1.6? – Here’s an overview of what you can expect for version 1.6.
- Midsummer Island Adventure/Golden Apple Archipelago main guide – Here’s our main guide with everything you need to know about the new region and premier event.
- Echoing Tales: Barbara’s swimsuit – Collect Echoing Conches to unlock Barbara’s beach outfit. You can also take a look at the new Echoing Conches added during Act II and Act III.
- Serenitea Pot Companion Move-In – Bring the characters you’ve unlocked to your player home.
- Legend of the Vagabond Sword – It’s time to beat down some bosses.
- Maguu Kenki boss fight – Defeat this mechanical samurai for rewards.
- All mural locations – What happened to these seafarers?
- Shipwreck locations – In search of treasure.
- Sailing to the secret island – It’s obscured by fog.
- Broken Isle’s water pillar puzzle – Water levels are rising indeed.
- Minacious Isle’s Pyro totem puzzle – Where’s that last totem?
- Is the Dodoco Tales good? – Wanna know if this weapon is viable for Klee or other characters?
- Kaboomball Kombat – Genshin Impact‘s own take on tennis.
- Never-ending Battle – The battles do end, but you want to reach a high score.
- Autumn Winds, Scarlet Leaves – We need help from Kazuha and Beidou if we want to reach the Inazuma region.
Version 2.0/”The Immovable God and the Eternal Euthymia” guides
- Version 2.0 announcement – We’re finally heading to Inazuma!
- What’s new in version 2.0? – Here’s what you can expect to find in this massive region.
- Inazuma Archon quest Act I – It’s a long trek across the island.
- Ayaka story quest Act I – Meet the scion of the Kamisato Clan.
- Yoimiya story quest Act I – It’s an explosive ending.
- Inazuma Archon quest Act II – The action kicks up a notch.
- Inazuma Electroculi locations – Collect these to level up the Statue of the Seven.
- Grand Narukami Shrine: Sacred Sakura upgrades – Obtain these perks to boost your Electrograna buffs.
- Inazuma reputation: Bounties and requests – You can earn more rep in this region.
- Inazuma domains, artifacts, and materials – It’s time for some dungeon delving.
- Perpetual Mechanical Array boss – This robot just keeps transforming.
- Pyro Hypostasis boss – Crystal and flame.
- Nobushi Handguards farming – Take out these samurai to get materials.
- Ruin Sentinel Chaos Gear farming – Destroy these robots for resources.
- The Sacred Sakura Cleansing Ritual – A lengthy quest chain that has you purifying corrupted shrines.
- Tatara Tales – A quest chain where you need to destroy rifts.
- Orobashi’s Legacy – This quest chain has you solving puzzles involving pillars and energy bolts.
- Luxurious Chests – Let’s hunt for treasure!
- Takashi’s chests and Mysterious Conches – Exchange shells to earn some stuff.
- Fate of a Fighter and Simple Tombs – Pay respects to a samurai’s comrades to obtain a hidden achievement.
- Gourmet Supremos – Help out these tourists in search of Inazuma’s delicacies.
- Thunder Sojourn – This event has you zipping across the land and blasting foes to get a high score.
- Epitomized Path and Fate Points – Does this new mechanic make it easier to acquire 5-star weapons, or will you feel tempted to spend more?
- Aloy announcement – Horizon Zero Dawn‘s heroine will join Genshin Impact in the next version update.
- Lost Riches 2.0 – Looking for treasure again.
- Theater Mechanicus 2.0 – The Stage of Wonders.
- Phantom Flow – Defeat these hostiles.
Version 2.1/”Floating World Under the Moonlight” guides
Version 2.1 overview/what’s new
Inazuma Archon quest (Act 3)
- Main guide
- Anti-Raiden Shogun Training
- La Signora boss fight and the Tenshukaku domain
- Raiden Shogun boss fight and ending
- Raiden Shogun: Imperatrix Umbrosa Chapter (Act 1)
- Sangonomiya Kokomi: Dracaena Somnolenta Chapter (Act 1)
Seirai Island: Seirai Stormchasers
- How to stop the storm on Seirai Island
- Warding Stone puzzles
- Thunder Manifestation boss fight and Storm Beads
- Specter locations and Spectral Husk/Heart/Nucleus farming
- Suigetsu Pool: Unlock the Palace in the Pool domain
- Suigetsu Pool: Relay Stone puzzle
- Hydro Hypostasis boss fight and Dew of Repudiation
- Moon-Bathed Deep quest
- Heart of Watatsumi puzzle
- Main guide
- Fishing Points/where to start fishing
- Medaka locations
- Golden Koi and Rusty Koi locations
- Raimei Angelfish locations
- How to obtain The Catch polearm
Genshin Impact is a free-to-play game with lots of microtransactions. If you want to check it out, you can download the client from the official website.