The Together For Victory add-on for Hearts of Iron IV will roll off the production belts and towards the war effort on 15 December. That date announcement is accompanied by a video ‘diary’ going over the things Together For Victory will add to the game.
It’s all about autonomy and Commonwealth powers. The Master-Subject mechanics have been expanded, allowing (for example), the ruling powers to recruit colonial soldiers, and the colonial powers to work their way up to complete independence. Five Commonwealth powers; Canada, the Raj of India, Australia, South Africa and New Zealand will get their own unique National Focus trees.
Here’s what it’ll add to Hearts of Iron IV, along with the trailer. It’s mostly expansion-caliber stuff, but the new ‘Spearheads’ command kind of seems like something that should be in a patch.
- New Autonomy System: Subject states are not merely puppets, but can have a range of action. Dominions, Puppet States, and Colonies can either work their way to total independence.
- Spearheads: A new order simplifies breakthroughs in land invasions
- Continuous Focuses: Choose a National Focus to boost your nations capabilities over time, prioritizing one aspect of your military machine over another
- Alternate Histories: Each of the Dominion nations has alternate history branches. Lead South Africa to a Communist revolution that will end segregation but alienate Great Britain. Make Canada a Fascist state warily eyeing the giant to the south.
- Tech Sharing: Cozy up to an advanced great power and take advantage of their research progress to accelerate your own development.
- Combat Log: Extensive details on the performance of your divisions in battle are now available for you, Commander.
- Request Lend Lease: Ask for assistance from across the seas in the form of lend lease, adding new vehicles and equipment to beleaguered armies.
- New Art: New portraits for new leaders, old leaders have some portraits redone, and new unit designs and event pictures make their debut.