Valheim is a challenging survival game that will have you looking for various materials in order to create things necessary to advance in the game. In this article, we’ll discuss one of these materials. Here’s our guide on how to get Sap in Valheim, what it is, and what it’s for.
Where to get Sap in Valheim
Introduced in Valheim: Mistlands, Sap is an important resource used to produce refined eitr, which in turn is helpful in getting more magic items. Sap is acquired using a Sap Extractor, which you need to build. Building it, however, requires so much more than just Sap. You need to fight some enemies in order to get the Dvergr extractor needed for it. Follow the instructions below to get the required item.
How to get the item needed to build the Sap Extractor
- First, stock up on health potions and get good weapons. You might need these later.
- Next, go into the Dvergr rogue settlements and look for a Dvergr component crate. This crate can be identified by the blue-colored runes glowing on it.
- Once you find such a crate, break it open to get the Dvergr extractor, and learn the Sap Extractor build piece. Destroying the crate agitates the rogues, so get ready to fight them.
- After defeating the rogues and acquiring the Dvergr extractor and Sap Extractor build piece, go to the Steel wood forest and look for a huge ancient Yggdrasil root with a greenish glow on it.
How to build the Sap Extractor
Once you find such an ancient root, you’ll need to build the Sap extractor on it. Here’s how:
- Start by building a workbench on the ancient root with a greenish glow.
- Next, build a Sap Extractor using five black metals, 10 Yggdrasil wood, a nearby workbench, and the Dvergr extractor you acquired earlier.
The Sap Extractor will automatically extract Sap from the Yggdrasil root but will take a while to produce a lot. Give it some time to extract more Sap from the root. You can also build more than one Sap Extractor on the root. Having more than one means getting more Sap faster.
You can even use Sap to make an eitr refinery. This, in turn, produces refined eitr. Which will allow you to learn lots of recipes for magic items.