Pulura’s Fall is a location in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. It’s a relatively small dungeon, but it does have some important items and crucial elements. Here’s our Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pulura’s Fall puzzle guide to help you with the Cosmic Caravan, Nameless Ruins Mask, and the Mutasafen research for the secret ending.
Note: For more information, check out our Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous guides and features hub. Likewise, please be reminded that this guide contains minor spoilers.
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous – Pulura’s Fall puzzle guide
Pulura’s Fall Location
Pulura’s Fall in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous can be found west of Drezen (the closest landmark is Blackwater across the lake). This area can be visited in Act 3 as part of an Angel Mythic Quest, though all other Mythic Paths will only travel here during Act 5.
In the exterior area, you’ll find a bunch of daggers (for the aforementioned Angel Mythic Quest). There’s also a spot that you can cleanse as an Azata. Still, the things we came here for are in the shrine to the northeast.
Cosmic Caravan Puzzle and Nameless Ruins Mask
Inside, you’ll find a bunch of documents, some of which give you clues regarding the Cosmic Caravan puzzle, depicted by several symbols around a large pool. It’s about an old tale regarding the constellations of this world, and how a full cycle represents a year.
With the story in mind, you can solve the Pulura’s Fall puzzle in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous by interacting with the symbols in the following order:
- 1 – Newlyweds
- 2- Daughter
- 3 – Rider
- 4 – Patriarch
- 5 – Pack
- 6 – Follower
This will cause the wall to move, revealing a secret room with a bunch of goodies:
- Summit Mask – Required to enter the Nameless Ruins as part of Nenio’s quest. You can learn more in our Nameless Ruins Masks guide and Enigma Puzzles guide.
- Bag of Holding (Small) – Lets you carry an additional 100 lbs. of items.
- Tome of Clear Thought +2 – Gain +2 INT when read.
- Ring of Guiding Star – +4 Initiative bonus; +3 bonus on damage rolls when the wearer hits an undamaged enemy (lasts for one round).
- A lot of scrolls and a couple of wands.
Mutasafen’s Research and the Secret Ending
The other key fixture in Pulura’s Fall in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is Mutasafen’s research as part of the Cascade of Fire quest and the secret ending. Mutasafen is a demon who tends to get away whenever you catch up to him. Now, though, you’ve got him cornered. As he attempts to escape, he also warns you that the hostages from Drezen will die. As such, you have to choose between attacking him or saving the civilians.
There are a few ways this could all turn out:
- Attack/kill Mutasafen – You must do this if you want to get the secret ending. Mutasafen himself drops the following items:
- Contagious Shroud – When the wearer is attacked in melee, the enemy must pass a DC 29 Fortitude saving throw or become vulnerable to acid for four rounds.
- Amulet of Epic Songs – +2 natural armor; +6 additional rounds of Bardic Performance per day (if the wearer already has the ability).
- Records of Pulura’s Stargazers – This isn’t actually looted from Mutasafen, but it does appear in your research projects in the “Others” tab.
- Save the villagers – While you end up doing something heroic, Mutasafen will escape, which means you won’t get the research option and the secret ending.
- Attack Mutasafen while also saving the villagers – This can only happen via either of these two key decisions:
- When Nurah betrays you in Act 2, spare her life and imprison her. You can eventually change her ways if you chose the Trickster path. She’ll save the civilians here, and you can take out Mutasafen.
- In the Feud of the Faithful all the way back in Act 1, you opted to side with Ramien instead of Hulrun, leading to the latter’s death. Ramien will break his bonds and save the villagers, but Mutasafen will end up killing him. You’ll then battle the demon after this scene.
In any case, assuming you do manage to beat your opponent, don’t forget to research the Records of Pulura’s Stargazers before you reach the point of no return in Act 5. It’s one of the requirements for the game’s secret ending. That does it for our Pulura’s Fall puzzle guide and Mutasafen encounter info for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous.
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is available via Steam.