Pathfinder: Kingmaker was released in 2018. This video game adaptation of the tabletop RPG managed to wow long-time fans, owing to deep systems and customization options. Now, we’ll see what the sequel, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, can offer. Character creation alone could take you hours, and you’ll start off as a wounded traveler who witnesses a demonic invasion. From here, you’ll meet up with companions, build an army, and eliminate vicious hordes as part of a crusade. Here’s our Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous guides and features hub to help you out.
Note: We’ll continue to add more guides for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, so stay tuned.
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous – Guides and features hub
Features and starter guides
- Official review – Prepare for a long and arduous journey from the lands of Kenabres and beyond. There are countless factors to consider when you’re playing Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. But, is the whole experience worth your while?
- Character creation guide – We discuss the basics of what you can expect when you spend hours on the character creation system.
- How to use custom portraits – Although there are lots of default options, you can add your own images if you feel like it.
- How to respec or retrain characters – So many feats to select and points to allocate, what if you make a mistake? Well, don’t fret since there’s a way to retrain your characters.
- Ideal race picks – There are several races to choose from, but a handful offer decent benefits.
- Class guide – Over two dozen classes can be selected in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous by default. Here are some recommendations.
- Prestige classes – You can multiclass every time you level up (i.e., choose another class for its perks or spells). This is mostly done to fine-tune your build or unlock a prestige class.
- How to get mounts and animal companions – Everyone wants a fuzzy furball, or even a scaly pal, to tag along.
- How to recruit all companions – It’s time to party up!
- Romance guide – Take relationships to the next level. Oh, and you can also romance the queen while you’re at it.
- Feud of the Faithful: Ramien or Hulrun – In Market Square, you have to choose between these two feuding fanatics.
- Starward Gaze: Ilkes, Aranka, and Thall – The Desnan adepts are scattered, and you’ll need to find the trio. Maybe you’ll even unlock the Azata Mythic Path.
- A Common Cause: Where to find allies – Before you could even conclude the first act, you’ll have to recruit allies who’ll help your army.
- The Burning City: The Gray Garrison and its statue puzzle – You’ll be assaulting this citadel, facing off against dozens of demons, to reach the Wardstone.
- Conundrum Unsolved puzzle – Oh, what do we need to do with these slabs and symbols?
- Leper’s Smile – The fury of the swarm is here. You might just be able to find the stuff needed for certain Mythic Paths.
- Lost Chapel: A Strike from the Sky quest – Your companions have been taken, and it’s up to you to rescue them.
- Lost Chapel: Shrine of Desna and rescuing Arueshalae – If you manage to acquire some well-hidden items to solve a puzzle, we can recruit this friendly succubus early in our Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous campaign.
- The Dragon Hunt – Help Greybor hunt down a rampaging dragon. You’ll even get to rescue the Storyteller (again).
- Secrets of Creation: Heart of Mystery – What started in Conundrum Unsolved will take you on an arduous trek to find slabs with symbols and finish more puzzles just to follow what the Ancient Ghost says.
The Crusade – This is considered as the meta-game in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. You’ll lead several armies against countless hordes.
- Crusader armies: Marching across the map, assigning generals, and recruiting units
- Crusade management: Forts, buildings, and outposts
- Decisions: Events, decrees, and war council advisors
Mythic Paths – This special progression system is based on certain main quests that you’ve finished in your Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous campaign. You’ll gain massive boosts, and even the means to transform your character. Also, to be clear, we discussed the Azata Mythic Path in detail in our Starward Gaze guide.
- Main guide and FAQ: Mythic Hero, Mythic Ranks, dialogue options, and the Angel, Demon, and Legend
- Aeon and Trickster Mythic Paths
- Azata Mythic Path
- Lich Mythic Path
- Gold Dragon Mythic Path
- Swarm-That-Walks Mythic Path
- Devil Mythic Path
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is available via Steam.