Get your racing helmet on, the patch is finally here with a load of updates.
After a couple of weeks delay, Cloud Imperium has released the Star Citizen Arena Commander v0.9 update which comes with the following:
- Murray Cup Racing Mode: As shown at Gamescom, players can now race their pledge ships in a specially designed upper-atmospheric scenario!
- Vanduul Swarm Co-Op: Take on the alien hoards with a friend, or competitor!
- Flyable M50 and 350R: The M50 and the 350R have been readied for flight to kick off the race mode. These ships will now be flyable in all Arena Commander game modes.
- Friend Codes: We’re launching a code system for both private and public matches so you can connect with your wingmen.
- Updated Ship Performance: We’ve increased the speed and acceleration of every ship. With this we’ve also reworked the afterburner mechanic to increase acceleration instead of top speed.
- HUD Update: We’ve overhauled the usability of the visor HUD interface so you can customize your ships systems much more easily in flight.
- New Hangars: We’ve re-mastered all of Star Citizen’s Hangars with the new forward-looking room system and added the Asteroid Hangar.
- 6DOF: With the improvements to the IFCS and flight physics we are now ready to introduce 6DOF movement for an entirely new way to fly.
We’re busy getting the update downloaded and it’s sizeable at 14+ Gb. If you want to play today then get this downloading as soon as possible. Do check the new M50 trailer which is great fun and thankfully doesn’t feature the real Jeremy Clarkson.
We’ll report back with some impressions very soon.
Source: RSI.Related to this article
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.