Case #1: Frosty Welcome
The chapter acts pretty much like a tutorial giving you an explanation of The Sinking City’s gameplay mechanics and features. You’ll need to solve the mystery behind the disappearance of Robert Throgmorton’s son.
- Check all items that can be examined in the ship’s cabin. Make sure to rotate your gun until you spot the icon so you can pick it up.
- Head outside and follow the path to speak to Robert Throgmorton.
- Go to the western side of the docks to find a small boat. Check the helmet and suicide note.
- Speak to Throgmorton again and go inside the house right behind him and his cronies. Buildings that you can investigate (those that are part of a case) are marked with an “H.”
- Examine the items in the house. Use your Mind’s Eye on the medallion to get a glimpse of what had happened.
- Retrocognition: (1) “What’s happening?” (2) “Take this, ape face.” (3) “Yeah, run!”
- Use your Mind’s Eye to follow “Omens”. These are shadowy beings that’d lead you to the next clue.
- Examine the bullet and then the crates as you’re following the shadows
- Head inside building marked with an “H” that the Omen is pointing at. Check the basement and kill your first Wylebeast.
- Take a look at the body and use your Mind Palace to piece together the clues.
- Head to the central area of those docks to find the “Under the Keel” Bar.
- Talk to the bartender to get the key to a room on the 2nd floor.
- Speak to Lewis, an Innsmouth refugee. He’ll tell you about being under psychological influence or mind control.
- Use your Mind Palace to come up with a deduction.
- Head back to Robert Throgmorton and tell him what you think. You can choose to tell him about Lewis’ actions or lie that Lewis is already dead.
- Go to the street in front of the bar so you can exit Grimhaven Bay.