Case #6: Deal With The Devil
The sixth case in The Sinking City deals with the aftermath of your encounter in the caverns. Now you know there’s an entranceway to the depths of Oakmont and whatever otherworldy horrors await. What are you gonna do about it?
- You wake up at St. Mary’s Hospital. After speaking to your handler, you’re told that you were rescued by a certain Billy Drunnon. He’s an alcoholic who needs therapy.
- Archives: Use the archives at St. Mary’s Hospital to look for “Patients/After the Flood/ Therapy.”
- Head to the Seven Oaks Bar once more to talk to Billy Drunnon.
- He’ll tell you about the Calm Shore area and he’ll mark it on your map.
- Go to Calm Shore and kill the mobs. Check out the evidence.
- Retrocognition: (1) “Saving the drowned…” (2) “When the Yellow Kings are finished with you.” (3) “Fools! Put him down!”
- Return to the Seven Oaks Bar and ask about Drunnon.
- Travel to Blackwood Manor at Grimhaven Bay. Examine all the creepy things here and take out half a dozen wylebeasts.
- Use your Mind’s Eye in the basement to reveal hidden rooms.
- Retrocognition: (1) “The cure for your illness awaits.” (2) “Blasted thing!” (3) “So many attempts…”
- Use the manor key to open the room on the 1st floor, the one with Dagon’s Eye.
- Go back to the basement and use the Mind’s Eye near the altar. Follow the shadow crow Omens to find Blackwood’s diary.
- Archives: Make your way to Oakmont City Hall. Select “Enterprises/Legal Documents/19th Century” to find the address to Blackwood Cannery.
- Use the key to open the basement door and examine the altar.
- Check your Mind Palace to come to a conclusion. Go back upstairs and make your decision. Watch the cutscene.
- Once finished, you’re given an address to the Crown Theater in western Advent. Make your way there.