InXile have released a pretty hefty patch for the Torment: Tides of Numenera beta currently knocking about in Steam’s Early Access. It addresses some “critical bugs” reported by the community of players, and also has quite a few changes to quests, graphics, performance and, well, basically most areas of the game.
Here are the self-described highlights. Follow the link above if you want every single detail:
- Heavy optimization pass to Fathom 13 scene.
- Camera improvements.
- Large balance passes.
- Added hotkey support to the interface. Press I for Inventory, C for Character, M for Map, B for Quick Abilities, V for Quick Items, and J for Journal. Escape should close out of these menus, as should pressing their respective keys while the UI is open. Customizable hotkeys are not yet available.
- Added Autosave functionality with three rotating slots.
- Added Quicksave/Quickload functionality. Press F5 to quicksave, F6 to quickload.
- Added a Shins (currency) display to the Inventory screen.
- The camera should no longer pan while a menu is open.
- Manifold miscellaneous optimizations to performance.
- Updates to portrait artwork.
- Fixed Broken Dome bug that could cause the intro cutscene/conversation to not play correctly. Should also fix misc. bugs that could be caused by user interface inputs falling through the UI.
- Fixed Cypher Sickness not saving properly.
- Fixed combat freeze-ups that could occur with repeat save/loads.
- Cyphers can now be dragged to other characters. Cypher Sickness should no longer multiply in effect after save/load.
- Issue with movement getting stuck on scene transition should no longer occur.