Looking for a reason to head back into Diablo 3? Today Blizzard revealed the game’s new Paragon system which should give you a reason to continue playing beyond level 60.
The new system gives players the opportunity to use experience gained after hitting level 60 which is put toward 100 new ‘Paragon levels’.
The new Paragon system coming in patch 1.0.4 is designed to address Magic Find gear-swapping while providing players who’ve reached level 60 with an extended progression system.
Here’s how it works:
- After you hit level 60, any further experience you earn from killing monsters will begin to count toward Paragon levels
- There are 100 Paragon levels
- Every Paragon level will reward you with:
- Core stats such as Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, and Vitality in amounts similar to what you’d gain from a normal level
- 3% Magic Find and 3% Gold Find
- In addition, a distinctive increasingly-impressive border will surround your character portrait in the in-game party frame to denote your Paragon progression, with a new frame earned after every ten levels. Your Paragon level will also be visible to other players wherever your normal level is shown
Full details of the changes can bewhere the community is currently debating the changes.