Top Banner Studios has released the first patch for first person medieval combat title Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.
In this update the server browser has been given a complete makeover, connection issues have been resolved, balance tweaks, improved weapon unlock and bug fixes and polish. The full list of fixes, and it’s a lengthy one, are as follows:
Release Patch 1 Changelist.
– Players have different colors.
– No longer uses the wave spawning found in other game modes.
– A team always has 80 resources regardless of the number of players in the game.
– Steam friend HUD markers.
– New ranged weapon crosshair.
– Added options to vote kick, mute, mute all, admin kick, admin ban, and admin mute from scoreboard (once you enable the mouse).
– Sort working better (more responsive and no crashes)
– Right Click Menu Implemented (Connect, Refresh, View Server Info, Add to favorites)
– Detailed Server Info Window (shows the following)
– Server Name
– Server IP
– Player List (with score + time played)
– Player Count
– Friendly Fire %
– Game Speed %
– Talk Option
– Gamoe Mode
– Country Code
– Server browser selected option is retained as new servers come in.
– Added game speed and country filters
– Added indicators for private and secure servers.
– Filter options hidden by default, shown when you click a button.
– VAC Secure filter improved.
– Added notification for when the server browser is still looking for servers.
– Manual VO menus redone (Z and X for menus, mobile battlecry shifted back to C for when you are sprinting).
– Improved VOIP indication.
– Added cancel button when waiting to join a game.
– Allow different commands to be bound to the same key
– Allow a primary kebyind/secondary kebyind on keybinds menu
– Fixed bug where some buttons would cause you to go back in the menu and prevent you from saving (i.e Numpad buttons)
– Updated jump blend for spear and 1-handed weapons
– Updated jump animations for buckler, fist, longbow, heat-shield, double axe, javelin, and longsword.
– Javelin throw changed to be a full body animation.
– Hit animation no longer plays during release.
– Added a delay to forward spawn.
– Burning turns off HP regeneration.
– Firepots destroy pavises caught in the burn radius.
– Autobalance changed to be a LIFO system.
– Autobalance no longer happens in the last two minutes.
– F10 now has a 5 second delay.
– Jump and dodge now have a 0.2 second cooldown.
– Feinting takes actual time (when you feint it’ll take some time before you reach the idle state again and can swing again).
– Can no longer kick and jump simultaneously.
– Defender spawn increased by 3 seconds (should help on BG cart, HS Treb 3 and Stoneshill king objectives).
– Kicking no longer takes an additional miss penalty.
– Missing with 2-handed weapons costs 20 stamina instead of 10.
– Flinch if hit in idle.
– Throwing a javelin stops your sprint.
– New arrow camera sounds.
– Beefed up bow sounds.
– Added new and separate reload sounds for the three bow types.
– Fist blocking sounds.
Become a PC Invasion SupporterSupport PC Invasion by becoming a supporter. Ad free, actively shape the site content, and gain priority access to contests and giveaways.
– Added 51 achievements.
– Veteran Helmets.
– Water now causes ragdolls to float.
– Improved rank calculation.
– Removed unnecesary requirements/libaries the game depended on.
– Added option in input menu to disable chat
– Improved placement of sticky projectiles.
Default Control Changes
– Can additionally feint with Mouse 2 (right click)
– G for VOIP.
– Mouse 2 will zoom in on ranged weapons besides the crossbow.
– Crossbow mouse 1 or 2 to aim.
– Crossbow Q goes from Aim to idle.
– Crossbow fire/zoom when unloaded in aim-up goes back to idle.
Server Operator Options
– Allowed to adjust TDM tickets
– Allowed to adjust # of LTS rounds.
– Allowed to adjust FFA max score.
– Server side option to not allow fists.
– Added a separate death-based autobalance that can be enabled by server operators (first person to die on the team gets switched).
– Fixed issue where sometimes UDK.exe would not close properly.
– Fixed issue where weather particles would be rotated weird.
– Fixed issue where max players would get reset over a map change when game ends (when using ?maxplayers).
– Fixed issue where ballista could fire two bolts.
– Fixed issue where you would regen health when sprinting
– Fixed the “Jack Baldy exploit” [enabling/disabling sprint super fast]
– Fixed issue where the javelin had a super slow reload.
– Default to windowed mode to avoid invalid-resolution issues.
– Fixed issue where switching weapons would break some weapons.
– Fixed sisue with javelin getting stuck.
– Fixed pawn shrinking on siege weapon.
– Fixed arms going weird when getting off ballista
– Fixed issue where Mason Kite Shield showing up as an Agathian shield on a player’s back.
– Fixed issue where the signal fire would start after being extinguished.
– Fixed issue where players would be kicked off their current server when Steam has a temporary issue.
– Fixed issue where firepot would not disappear off your screen sometimes.
– Fixed faulty message telling players to ‘Press’ instead of ‘Hold’ the signal fire.
– Fixed issue where you could extinguish the signal fire when you don’t have to.
– Fixed issue where the siege weapon would not display the team properly in the kill indicator.
– Fixed issue where throwing the javelin would display a shield instead of the javelin kill indicator and would not count towards javelin unlocks.
– Fixed issue where decapitated and head crushed players are making death cry and death gurgle sounds.
– Fixed issue where team kills would count towards weapon unlocks.
– Fixed issue where your attacks would not properly perform tracers once you exit a siege weapon.
– Fixed weird animation bug where combo would appear on other side at tiems.
– Fixed issues surrounding the king objective.
– Fixed issue where fire particle on pyre does not always play and where Stoneshill and Battlegrounds burnables were not being consistently hit.
– Fixed an issue where man-at-arms did a tpose when killed while dodging.
– Fixed an issue where having a dagger with a shield caused players to tpose when flinched.
– Fixed issue where hitting an object and being deflected wasn’t displaying for other players in the game.
– Fixed issue where javelin overhead would behave like a shove instead of using tracers.
– Fixed issue with javelin rapid-fire.
– Fixed issue where torch would try to switch back to primary even if the primary weapon is out of ammo.
– Fixed issue where shield would be attached on death.
– Disabled MLAA in the defaul system settings which was causing some people to crash (i.e Geforce 7000 series)
– Fixed crashes related to world cleanup.
To find out more about the game if you’ve not tried it, check out Tim and Peter’s IncGamers: Play video.