A host of new plot and gameplay details for Batman Arkham City have gotten us so excited that we might be ready for a spell in the asylum.
A host of new plot and gameplay details for Batman: Arkham City have gotten us so excited that we might be ready for a spell in the asylum.
Hot off the press from American magazine Gameinformer are new juicy plot details including Two-Face Harvey Dent’s plans to execute Catwoman in order to gain the respect of the Gotham criminal fraternity and, more intriguingly, news that an overdose of venom might not be what’s bothering The Joker.
The details revealed by the Arkham City blog also state that Bats will have access to all of the gadgets he ended Arkham Asylum with, as well as the addition of a smoke bomb.
In terms of gameplay, The Caped Crusader will now be able to counter two attacks at once, take part in side missions and solve riddles from the Riddler’s minions.
Here’s the full lowdown from ArkhamCity.co.uk
Gameinformer Story info:
– Quincy Sharp is no running for mayor.
– Arkham Asylum and Black Gate Prison are unfit to hold inmates.
– Quincy Sharp buys off part of the slums and walls it off, creating Arkham City.
– Hugo Strange is in charge of Arkham City.
– Two-Face plans to execute Catwoman to gain respect of inmates.
– The overdose of venom may not be what’s wrong with the Joker.
Gameinformer Gameplay info:
– You are now able to counter two attacks at once.
– More puzzles.
– All gadgets included in the first game are available from the start.
– Side missions now feature in the game.
– Gangs roam Arkham City, these are recorded in Batman’s criminal database.
– You find people who work for Ridler to find Ridler challenges.
– Batman has his smoke bomb.
Rocksteady Studios’ Batman: Arkham City, the sequel to what was arguably coined 2009’s Game of the Year, Arkham Asylum, will not hit shelves until 2011
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.