Rebellion’s Battlezone VR is about to receive the 1..07 update which comes with some new requested features.
The main point to note which will please players is support for the “majority” of flight sticks and HOTAS controllers but they will take some tweaking to setup. The update also comes with numerous bug fixes and improvements to voice chat.
Rebellion had planned on pushing this live earlier but there was apparently some “gremlins”. It may be live at the time of writing but keep checking for the update as it’s due to drop shortly.
BattleZone 1.07 Patch Notes
- Added support for direct input controllers which should include the vast majority of flight stick, HOTAS controllers and older gamepads. Due to the sheer variability of these controllers, customising your controls is required before attempting to play. Note that direct input controllers aren’t currently supported in classic mode – apologies for the inconvenience but we wanted to get controller support for the main game to you as soon as possible.
- Further improvements to voice chat quality on Steam.
- Further improvements to jet pathfinding.
- Improved UI messaging when the player is dead/being revived to discourage unnecessary use of lives. We’re aware that new players aren’t always aware that campaign lives are shared and we’re hoping that this will help to discourage premature respawning.
- Fixed a bug where artillery shells would sometimes split prematurely, causing them to spread more than intended.
- Tweaked artillery shell splitting. This change should make artillery hit the intended target more reliably. This, coupled with the above fix, should make the higher-level artillery weapons more viable.
- Fixed a bug where Steam achievement progress was not being updated.
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.