With every new version of Genshin Impact, HoYoverse is introducing a new character to the evergrowing list of characters in the game. Building a perfect team based on the elements and elemental reactions is the key to Genshin Impact. However, with such an extensive roster of 70 playable characters, players can certainly get confused while choosing the best characters for themselves.
Only some characters among these 70 characters would be worth unlocking. So before unlocking a new character in the game, it is wise to know in detail about the worth of that character. However, remember that the tier list is entirely subjective and can vary from person to person based on each player’s playstyle. This Genshin Impact tier list will provide you with a detailed ranking of all the game characters to make it easier for you to choose among the best.
Genshin Impact: Best Characters – tier list
- Alhaitham: Alhaitham is one of the strongest five-star Dendro characters in Genshin Impact. This sword-wielding character can take up the role of a main DPS due to his high damage output. Alhaitham is a character who is wholly based on his damage potential, which makes him weaker when used in other roles.
- Bennett: Bennett, the four-star Pyro character, is one of the best support options available for the players in Genshin Impact. His burst attack is one of the most vital skills in the game, as it can provide damage buff to the party members and heal them simultaneously. Bennett can also take up the role of a sub-DPS, thanks to his impressive Pyro attack ability.
- Ganyu: Since the introduction of Ganyu in Genshin Impact, this five-star cryo character has successfully maintained her position at the top of the tier. With her Bow, Ganyu excels in long-range and mid-range attacks. Additionally, her AoE damage output makes her one of the most potent DPS in the game.
- Hu Tao: In the current patch, Hu Tao is one of the best choices for players while making their parties. However, Hu Tao can be a tough character to learn for beginners due to her HP disadvantage while casting her Elemental Skill. However, she certainly won’t disappoint you with her extremely high Pyro damage output when you get comfortable with her and make a balance between the attack and HP.
- Kazuha: While Kazuha does not fit the role of the primary damage dealer, this five-star Anemo character is undoubtedly one of the best characters with crowd-control abilities in Genshin Impact. You can land a more significant blow on the enemies by infusing other elemental reactions with Kazuha’s burst attack.
- Ayaka: Kamisato Ayaka, the five-star Cryo character, is one of the most robust Cryo users in the game. Alongside her high movement speed, Ayaka can trigger many elemental reactions, thanks to her Cryo abilities. Ayaka can effectively take up the role of main DPS in a party with her high-damage attacks.
- Nahida: Nahida, the comparatively newly introduced five-star Dendro character, is one of the strongest characters in Genshin Impact right now. Nahida’s Elemental Skill allows her to deal damage on eight enemies simultaneously. Moreover, Nahida can trigger strong Dendro core reactions by pairing with Hydro and Electro characters and successfully weaken or freeze the enemies.
- Raiden Shogun: Raiden Shogun has forever been the most loved and strongest Electro character of Genshin Impact. She is often called the best character in Genshin Impact due to her scope to use her kit in a very versatile way. Raiden Shogun can deal significant damage to the enemies with her Elemental Skill while supporting her teammates through using the Elemental Burst. This versatile attribute also makes her one of the best sub-DPS of Genshin Impact.
- Venti: Venti, the five-star Anemo character, is one of the most reliable characters in Genshin Impact. Venti can deal an incredible amount of Dendro damage on the enemies with her Elemental Skill. Her burst attack allows her to group enemies, creating the perfect scope for other characters in the party to deal a good amount of damage.
- Xingqiu: Xingqiu, the four-star Hydro character, is one of the best support characters in the game. If you build a team based on elemental reactions that include Hydro elements, Xingqiu should always be the first pick. Alongside her damage-reduction abilities, Xingqiu is most useful for reaction-based teams.
- Yelan: Yelan is one of the strongest Hydro damage dealers in Genshin Impact. She is also extremely fast on the battlefield, making her one of the best choices for the sub-DPS role. However, in the absence of a primary DPS, Yelan can carry out this role without any flaw.
- Zhongli: Zhongli makes it to the top of the list due to his impressive shield. This five-star Geo character bears a shield that can protect you from receiving damage from enemies. Alongside this unique support ability, Zhongli also has a high base damage output, making him a good choice for the sub-DPS or DPS roles.
- Albedo: Albedo is a moderate damage dealer, which makes the five-star Geo character a strong sub-DPS option. His Elemental Skill has one of the fastest recharge rates in the game. When paired with the perfect DPS, Albedo can deal a lot of damage through her AoE attack.
- Arataki Itto: Arataki Itto is undoubtedly one of the strongest damage dealers in Genshin Impact. His impressive damage output puts him in this tier. However, Itto has one downside, which is his party requirement. To reach the peak performance, Itto must be paired with more Geo characters.
- Diluc: Diluc is one of the game’s oldest and strongest five-star Pyro characters. Diluc has one of the best damage outputs among all the Pyro characters. His Elemental Burst is also one of the best in the game. All these attributes combined place Diluc in this tier of our list.
- Eula: Eula is the best Physical Damage dealer in Genshin Impact right now. This character has a very fast attack speed, which distinguishes her from most of the other characters. When put into the perfect party, Eula can instantly annihilate a group of enemies.
- Ayato: Kamisato Ayato, the five-star Hydro character, is one of the strongest Hydro damage dealers in Genshin Impact. Using his Elemental Burst, Ayato can also trigger a lot of elemental reactions in a short period of time.
- Nilou: Nilou can be a good pick for your team, considering the high damage output of this character. However, Nilou can only perform well when paired with other Dendro characters. Due to this, Nilou can be a complicated character to master for beginners.
- Kokomi: Kokomi, the five-star Hydro character, is one of the best healers in Genshin Impact. Kokomi makes it to the top of the list for her impressive healing abilities through both her Elemental Skill and Elemental Damage. She can also contribute to the team by applying Hydro damage to the enemies.
- Shenhe: Shenhe’s Elemental Burst makes her one of the obvious choices in this tier of the list. As a support character, Shenhe can help the team by reducing the enemies’ physical and Cryo damage resistance, giving the team’s damage dealers an opening to attack the enemies. This makes her a perfect fit for your Cryo party composition.
- Tartaglia: Tartaglia, also known as Childe, is the strongest Hydro character in Genshin Impact. He can deal massive damage to the enemies using his Bow. However, the recharge time of his attacks is a bit longer, which makes him a bit less preferable.
- Tighnari: Tighnari is a five-star Dendro character and the first in the game. He can deal significant damage with his Bow to the enemies, making him an impressive DPS pick for your team. Tighnari can effectively take up the primary DPS role in any team composition.
- Wanderer: Wanderer is the reborn character of the Scaramouche. Wanderer excels in dealing damage to their enemies. Moreover, his hover ability gives him an edge over others in the battle.
- Xiao: Xiao is a five-star Anemo damage dealer. His elemental burst allows him to increase his jump ability along with his AoE damage. Not only this, it can also convert all damage he deals to the enemies into Anemo damage.
- Yae Miko: Yae Miko is a five-star Electro character of Genshin Impact who can effectively deal Electro damage to enemies. However, Yae Miko’s high energy cost and recharge time make her less preferable than other electro-damage dealers.
- Baizhu: Baizhu is a five-star Dendro support character in Genshin Impact. Although Baizhu can carry on the role of support in a party, he has a few downsides. Baizhu’s attacks are primarily for single-target enemies, which makes him a bad pick for intense battle situations.
- Collei: Collei is a decent Dendro damage dealer. However, Collei only becomes helpful in battles after reaching her fourth constellation. In lower-level parties, Collei can ideally take up the sub-DPS role.
- Cyno: Cyno is a five-star Electro damage dealer whose Elemental Burst ability can convert his Normal, Charged, and Plunging attacks to Electro damage, making him immune against all types of Electro-Charged damage. However, his dependence on the support characters of the team makes him less favorable as an electro-pick for any party.
- Fischl: Fischl is one of the strongest support characters in the game right now. The four-star Electro character can help you to trigger various elemental reactions even while being off-field. However, her long cooldowns place her at the lower tiers in our list.
- Jean: Jean’s kit is equipped with abilities to heal your party while attacking the enemies. However, Jean’s damage output is significantly lower than other Anemo characters, making her a not-so-good choice.
- Keqing: Keqing, the five-star Electro character, might be an expert in blowing fast attacks on the enemies, but she is not very efficient on the battlefield due to her low damage output.
- Kirara: Kirara is a four-star Dendro character who has recently been added to the game. But she is not ideal if you are looking for a Dendro DPS or applicator. Her shield from the Elemental Skill can help the team to protect from enemy Dendro damage. Most of her other abilities basically deal AoE Dendro damage to the enemies.
- Klee: Klee is a five-star Pyro catalyst user in Genshin Impact. She can deal Pyro burst damage on the enemies through explosive attacks. However, her attack range disadvantages her, making her a weaker pick for battles.
- Kuki Shonobu: Kuki is one of the best support characters from the Electro class. Her AoE attack, combined with her healing abilities, makes her a strong character in the battle. She can mainly fit in compositions as a sub-DPS character but also switch roles due to her versatility.
- Layla: Layla is a four-star Cryo character and a sword user in Genshin Impact. Layla can provide good support to the party by absorbing incoming damages using her strong shield. However, Layla is not a very viable option when it comes to dealing damage to the enemies.
- Mika: Mika is a crossbow-wielding Cryo support character in Genshin Impact. His Elemental Burst can heal all his nearby party members and grant them Eagleplume, allowing them to heal for some time. However, Mika is a bad pick for your party, as he is full of complex mechanisms.
- Mona: Mona is a strong support character who can help the party by providing the team with a damage buff. However, Mona herself cannot deal efficient damage to the enemies. Her attacks can make her a strong support character in this class when used correctly.
- Qiqi: After reaching higher ascension levels, Qiqi, the five-star Cryo character, can turn into one of the best healers in the game. However, Qiqi does not rank higher on our list due to her lack of potential.
- Rosaria: Rosaria is a four-star Cryo character. She can be a good support for your party. Her Elemental Burst can deal with Cryo damage to targeted enemies and also the enemies inside the area of her Ice Lance.
- Sucrose: Sucrose can be a good support character for the players if they don’t have any other alternatives. She can effectively group together a large number of enemies while triggering different elemental reactions.
- Yaoyao: Yaoyao is a four-star Dendro character who can deal considerable damage to enemies and also heal her party members. Her Elemental Burst can deal Dendro Damage to the enemies in its range and also heal the allies at the same time. It also increases her Movement speed along with her Dendro Res.
- Yoimiya: Yoimiya is one of the most challenging characters to learn for the beginners of Genshin Impact. Yoimiya can deal a lot of Pyro damage to the enemies during the battle, but her single-target attacks make her a weak pick.
- Aloy: Like other free characters, Aloy, the five-star Cryo character, is undoubtedly one of the weakest characters in the game. Her attacks have a meager damage output. Moreover, her complex mechanisms make her a bad choice.
- Barbara: Barbara has significantly less versatility than other game characters. Despite being a sound healer, choosing her would not be recommended due to meager damage stats.
- Beidou: While this might come out as an opinion that many might not agree with, despite having abilities to deal severe Electro damage to the enemies, Beidou’s energy cost places her at the lower tier in our list.
- Candace: Candace is a four-star Hydro character in Genshin Impact. She can provide good support to the party using her shield using her Elemental Skill. Her Elemental Burst triggers an AoE effect, which provides an attack buff to the entire party.
- Chongyun: Chongyun is a four-star Cryo damage dealer who can be a decent pick as a party’s DPS. His Elemental Skill deals AoE Cryo damage through an explosion with his sword. His Elemental Burst also deals similar damage to the enemies, launching them into the air.
- Diona: As a four-star Cryo support character, Diona cannot be very helpful against enemies. Diona cannot deal much damage to the enemies through her attacks. If only used for the healing attributes, you can find more versatile Cryo characters to serve this purpose.
- Faruzan: When paired with Anemo characters like Wanderer, Faruzan can be a helpful support character. However, being very dependent on other characters, Faruzan cannot make a place of her own in the higher ranks on our list.
- Gorou: In the absence of any other Geo character, Gorou can be a good pick as he can boost the party’s defense and also provide geo damage buff to the entire party.
- Kaeya: Kaeya is one of the weakest DPS characters in Genshin Impact. Although she can trigger many elemental reactions effectively, her low damage output makes her one of the weakest characters.
- Kaveh: Like other Dendro characters, Kaveh also efficiently triggers different kinds of elemental reactions. Kaveh was expected to be an intense damage dealer; however, everyone was proven wrong after introducing this new character.
- Kujou Sara: Kujou Sara, the four-star electro character, is one of the weakest support characters in the game. Although you can use this character in the game’s earlier stages, it would be wise to replace her when you progress through the difficult stages.
- Lyney: Lyney is a new five-star Pyro character in Genshin Impact who does a decent job in dealing damage to the enemies. However, Lyney heavily depends on teams based on Pyro characters to be fully productive for the party.
- Ningguang: Despite having abilities to deal a good amount of damage and having a swift recharge time, Ningguang falls short regarding versatility and movement speed.
- Noelle: Noelle is a beginner-friendly character who can also take up different roles depending on the type of party. Her Elemental Skill can heal the entire party, while her Elemental Burst deals a strong blow on the enemies.
- Razor: Razor is a four-star Electro character with impressive attack-dealing abilities, especially in short range. However, he lacks in other aspects as an Electro DPS, making him a less favorable pick than the other characters.
- Sayu: Sayu is undoubtedly one of the unique characters in Genshin Impact due to her attack type. Her Elemental Burst allows her to deal damage to the enemies while healing her teammates. With her Elemental Skill, Sayu can also deal with anemo damage.
- Hiezou: Heizou has impressive crowd control ability, which makes him a decent choice as a sub-DPS character. When paired with the perfect character, Heizou can turn out to be pretty deadly despite being ranked in the lower tiers of our list.
- Traveler: Traveler is the character which every player starts with. You can change the element of this character, but it never becomes worth it when you enter the game’s later stages. Travelers always have the weakest stats in the game, making these characters a bad choice for your party.
- Xiangling: Xiangling is a four-star Pyro character with a very high attack speed. Her Elemental Skill can deal with AoE Pyro Damage. Her Elemental Burst released a Pyranado, which deals AoE Pyro Damage to all the enemies on its projection.
- Yanfei: Yanfei, the four-star Pyro catalyst, might be one of the strongest Pyro damage dealers in the game but lacks the ability to adapt to other roles. If you have any other Pyro damage dealer, make sure to replace Yanfei, as versatility is the key to making the best party compositions in Genshin Impact.
- Yun Jin: Yun Jin is a four-star Geo support character. She doesn’t add much to the party regarding attack or damage. Her Elemental Burst can deal AoE Geo Damage to the enemies and give the Flying Flag Formation to her team, which can boost the team’s overall damage quickly.
- Amber: Amber, the four-star Pyro character, is undoubtedly one of the weakest characters in Genshin Impact. She has very useless Elemental Skill and Elemental Burst and cannot perform well in any of the roles during the battles.
- Dehya: Despite being a five-star character, Dehya is very weak when dealing damage to the enemies on the battlefield. Dehya is undoubtedly one of the worst disappointments in Genshin Impact’s history.
- Dori: Dori can be used in the beginning stage of the game; however, she will fall significantly weaker when going against more formidable opponents later in the game. Although Dori can deal damage and help the party with heals, the character does not do the job well enough to make the top ranks of the list.
- Lisa: Lisa, the four-star Electro character, can deal a decent amount of damage on the enemies. However, her abilities take up a lot of time to build up, creating a very tough situation when going against challenging enemies.
- Lynette: Lynette is undoubtedly a helpful Anemo user, but it is only after she reaches her third constellation. If your Lynette has not reached the third constellation yet, it would be wise to pick another Anemo character instead.
- Thoma: Thoma, the four-star Pyro character, only has one downside, which is his lack of versatility. If you use Thoma as a supporting character, his ability to deal damage significantly reduces.
- Xinyan: Despite being a Pyro character, Xinyan does not deal Pyro damage to the enemies. Her damage output is also very low compared to other characters, placing her in our list’s last tier.