It’s been a while since we heard of Airships Snydicate’s new ARPG Wayfinder. But now, we’re finally able to get access to the developer’s new world. Just like any ARPG, Wayfinder is made up of a colorful and vibrant cast of heroes, all of which players can pick from. Each of these heroes has a specific playstyle unique to them, so if you play in a party, the synergy between all members should create some interesting moments in Wayfinder. Picking a character to use can be overwhelming, but, if you read this tier list of the best classes in Wayfinder, things should be easier.
Wayfinder: Best classes in the ARPG – tier list
This list will go from worst to best. Starting with the B tier and working its way to the coveted S tier.
B Tier Wayfinder
- Niss – If you prefer playing as glass cannon then Niss could be for you. Just like any stealth-based character in any game, Niss requires more movement to be efficient. For example, her Umbral Aura skill makes her three following dodges damage nearby enemies. Her passive, Lingering Shadow gives her attacks a boost every time she dodges. So as long as you’re moving, you’re attacks will hurt. However, she’s in the B tier because of her more difficult playstyle.
A Tier Wayfinder
- Senja – She’s a brawler-like character in Wayfinder and all her battles are in close combat. Her Gladiator Pummel allows her to punch forward into an enemy. When the punch lands and you do it again, the attack is doubled. Senja is also great for boosting the team’s abilities as well. With Gain Favor, she can now increase the team’s attacks overall.
- Kyros – The spell caster of the group and the one that can inflict a lot of damage at once. But, on the other hand, can only be played in a specific way. If you chose to play him at range, you’ll have a better time as opposed to up close. His Siphon Radiant attack is great for crowd control which releases a wave of energy around him and damages enemies. Savage Rake is another ranged attack that stands out. You rake the ground in front of you damaging any enemy caught in the path. Basically, he’s great for the behind the scene action.
- Venomess – She is the newest character and works best at a distance and being support. Let’s talk about her support aspect. Her Transfusion sends out Poison Needles to enemies and then heals nearby friendlies. During those tough moments, this could come in handy. For offensive skills, check out Vampiric Blast. You launch a bomb that absorbs Poison Clouds. When the bomb explodes, it damages nearby enemies and heals any allies near the blast. Venomess can work in tandem with the heavier characters since she can launch her supportive abilities at a distance.
Want to play the game with friends on other platforms? This guide on if Wayfinder is crossplay should help answer that question.
S tier Wayfinder
- Silo – For players who want to control the battlefield, and fight multiple enemies at once, you should look into Silo. He’s probably the most dynamic in the way he fights, mainly because he can switch between melee and ranged. His ranged attacks in Fire and Oil Bombs are crucial at locking down the battlefield because he’s doing AoE damage. Silo can add breathing room by creating a clone of himself whenever he dashes backward. This can take pressure off of the group and gives them a chance to counter the attacks.
- Wingrave – You can assume this class will be popular because of its versatility. While Wingrave can take a ton of damage, he’s still not considered a tank character. He’s more of a Paladin because he takes a beating and he can heal his teammates. With Judgment, he marks any enemies around him Judged. Any teammate that attacks a Judged enemy gets healed. You can imagine how important this becomes during the harder moments of Wayfinder. On top of that, his Righteous Strike skill is important as well. He hits an enemy with an explosive melee attack that can heal any teammate nearby. Wingrave is fundamental for the team’s composition.
Wayfinder is early access now via Steam.