Half Life fans can enjoy the Black Mesa Crossfire update which has just been released on Steam.
This free update for Black Mesa re-imagines the original Crossfire map with new visuals and stays true to the original with its nuclear bunker. That’s not all though because there’s a lot that’s been tweaked in Crossfire including the addition of “God Rays”, the multplayer animations have been overhauled, a Steam Controller config has been added, there’s new weapon models for the RPG, crossbow and shotgun, and even more in the single player.
Here’s a what’s new in this update for the multiplayer game and full list of all bug fixes and changes can be found on the Black Mesa site. There’s also a list of known issues now up on the Steam page.
New Multiplayer Features
- Added Crossfire!
- Added ‘God Rays’
- Multiplayer animation system has been overhauled and rebuilt. New multiplayer animations.
- Weapon Bob and Weapon Drag Added
- Score Persist on Leaving and Rejoining a Multiplayer Match (bm_multiplayer_persistent_scores cvar added to disable this)
- Steam controller configuration
- Servers now track stats for players and rank them on that server
- New Gluon Gun model
- New Crossbow model
- New RPG model
- New Shotgun model
- Shogun will now gibb characters if damage is high enough
- Added third person shell ejects from NPCs
- Added Tau Wallshotting in Multiplayer
- All workshop submissions have no filesize limit anymore. Make stuff without limits!
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.