Paradox and Colossal order are back with another expansion called Cities Skylines Snowfall.
With the day and night cycle now in the game thanks to the last After Dark expansion, Snowfall now adds weather to the city building action. That’s not all though, this second expansion update will come with new transport options and new “in-game tools” which will all focus around the new weather system.
New factors to consider will include a new in-game temperature reading and city infrastructures will have to handle the new weather conditions. As soon as the snow starts falling players will have the extra challenge of keeping the roads clear with new snowplough services and all-weather trams and transport options will also be available to keep cities functioning.
New winter themed structures are being added so expect to see new landmarks and winter parks in the build options.
Cosmetic weather is being added to the game for free to players without the expansion and the free weather will include rain and fog.
There’s no release date yet, but based on how quickly the After Dark expansion was released, we expect this to be available quite quickly.
- Now is the Winter of This Content: Rain and fog for existing maps, plus a new “Winter” map theme with snow and all of its challenges
- The Streetcars You Desire: Expanded public transportation options, including easier management of existing lines and Trams, a new system demanded by fans
- World Warmth, Too: Cold weather increases demands for electricity, unless new water-based heat systems are in place
- Plowers to the People: Build a snowplow depot to keep traffic flowing during winter weather, and employ new road maintenance systems to keep your streets in shape
- New Chirps: #yeahthereare
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.