Fight to survive in today’s contest: Win a Steam copy of Kenshi.
PC games always intimidated me growing up because they just seemed so massive on comparison to console games. I could easily go through levels of beat ’em ups and platformers on my Nintendo or Sega system, but man exploring a giant wasteland and getting attacked by huge scorpions and having to manage armies was way out of my league.
If that sort of thing is in your league, then you’re going to dig Kenshi. We’re so sure of it, we’re giving some copies away for free!
Kenshi is a self-proclaimed sword-punk RPG over 12 years in the making. In this survival RPG, you have the freedom to become a warrior, thief, trader, wanderer, and many more as you explore a massive world in order to survive — and hopefully thrive. Strange creatures, cannibals, and roving armies await at every turn, forcing you to be smarter, quicker, and more deft than the dangers that wait.
I’ll let Lo-Fi Games tell you more about it.
- Open-ended sandbox RPG – Totally freeform gameplay with no linear story and no level requirements to unlock new items and features. Be good, be evil, be a businessman, be a thief, live in a town, live in the desert, travel alone, travel in hordes, build a fortress, raze a city – Kenshi will never seek to limit you or restrict your personal play style.
- The largest RPG world since Daggerfall – With no gated zones and a seamless map stretching over 870 square kilometres.
- Mods to customise your characters and surroundings – A highly active player community already with over 1,500 fan-made mods to personalise your playthrough.
- Detailed squad-based gameplay – Create, recruit and develop multi-character squads and factions from scratch.
- Build a base to house your squad – Research new technologies, upgrade your defences and craft new gear.
- Unashamedly hardcore – Harsh and unforgiving game world of constant challenge and reward. There are no ‘hero’ characters with artificially stronger stats.
- Absolutely no level-scaling – The world does not level up with you and shops don’t change their items depending on your level.
- Realistic medical system brings surprising survival gameplay – Damage location matters (leg injuries slow you down, arm injuries limit ability to fight), injuries take time to heal, no magical health potions exist and severed limbs need prosthetic replacements.
- Aid or oppose the various factions in the world – Form alliances or start wars. Strive for the strength and wealth necessary to survive in the harsh desert.
It’s receiving overwhelmingly positive reviews on Steam since launch, so 1,000 players can’t be wrong, can they?
How To Win
To enter for your chance to win, use the widget below to drop your name and email address. You can repeat this daily throughout the competition for more entries! If you’re feeling generous, you can pick up even more entries by following PCI on Twitter and sharing our contest post with your friends. If you get enough friends to enter and they win, you can make your own roving army of cannibal merchants. There’s probably some hidden class like that in this game that’s super OP, so it might as well be cannibal merchants.
We have five Switch copies to give away. We’ll draw winners on Thursday, December 13.
Kenshi is available now on Steam.
I’m Wes, and I like tacos. EG Community Manager, Creed’s forty-second biggest fan.