Julianna is someone who will relentlessly hunt down Colt in Deathloop. Funnily enough, you can see how things go from her own perspective via online multiplayer. Here’s our Deathloop guide to help you play as Julianna in PvP.
Note: For more information, check out our Deathloop guides and features hub. Likewise, please be reminded that this guide contains minor spoilers.
Deathloop guide – How to unlock and play as Julianna in PvP
The “Break the Loop” option in Deathloop is basically the game’s campaign. In single-player mode, Julianna is controlled by the AI whenever she appears. If you pick online or friends-only mode, other players will get to use her (i.e., akin to PvP invasions in Dark Souls or Bloodborne).
Now, if you’ve played a bit of the campaign’s prologue, the “Protect the Loop” option will become available. This allows you to pick Julianna. You can invade a random timeline (random players) or a friend’s timeline (anyone who has you as a buddy if they have the friends-only option selected).
Weapons (choose three):
- LIMP 10 (SMG) – Snare: Slows enemies on hit.
- PT-6 Spiker (Nailgun) – Open Wounds: Shot enemies take damage over time.
- Vopat Trencher (Shotgun) – Double Tap: Fire two shots without pumping.
- Rapier (Rifle) – Bird Shot: Deal more damage while in mid-air.
- Shift – Short-range teleport. This power is invaluable since it lets you get to better vantage points and hidden nooks.
- Havoc – Defense buff.
- Spring-Heeled – Lets you double jump.
- Stone Wall – Receive and inflict minimal damage.
- Tracker – Grenade charges don’t do damage. They’ll mark Colt instead.
- Steel Lungs – Gas exposure will heal you.
Tracker is okay for scouting, though you might really want to deal damage with your grenades. Speaking of damage, Stone Wall makes you harder to take down at the cost of having decent DPS. It can be problematic if Colt manages to run away and heal.
The Hunter Progression panel shows you the achievements that you can unlock when you play as Julianna in Deathloop‘s PvP content. Here are some examples:
- Squatter – Survive for three minutes during an invasion.
- Sharpshooter – Shoot Colt in the head.
- Hunter – Kill Colt during an invasion.
Each feat adds points that lead to level-ups. In turn, you’ll receive cosmetic attires for both Julianna and Colt. You can mouse over their character models in the loadout screen and press “Enter” to see the ones that you’ve unlocked.
Julianna in Deathloop‘s PvP
Apart from her weapons and Slab powers, Julianna can also do the following:
- Masquerade – Disguise yourself as a regular Eternalist soldier so Colt won’t know that it’s you.
- Reinforcements – You can alert nearby soldiers to Colt’s position.
Ideally, you’ll want to get the jump on Colt players when they least expect it. Use the same concepts when Juliana hunts you in a PvE/AI setting to achieve success.