Deathloop lets you take control of Colt. He’s trapped on the island of Blackreef. He has no idea how he got there, but this nightmarish day keeps repeating over and over. As such, you’ll need to look for clues and leads, and battle relentless Visionary bosses from the AEON Corporation. You have to take out all your foes if you want to break the cycle. Here’s our Deathloop guides and features hub to help you with everything you need to know about this mind-bending action game with roguelike elements.
Note: We’ll continue adding more articles to our Deathloop guides and features hub, so stay tuned. Likewise, please be reminded that some of these guides contain spoilers due to mission objectives.
Deathloop guides and features hub
- Official review – Deathloop has a lot going for it, including a brilliant take on the time loop theme. But, is it worth your while? Let’s find out in our official review.
- Technical review – Are Deathloop‘s graphics, performance, and controls up to snuff? Are you going to encounter a lot of crashes?
Deathloop combat guides: Basic mechanics, weapons, and abilities
- Reprise mechanic and autosaves – Self-reviving like it’s going out of style.
- Infusion and Residuum – Here’s Deathloop‘s mechanic that allows you to keep your weapons and abilities.
- Slab powers – Acquire these abilities and their upgrades to enhance your playstyle.
- The best weapon types – Here are my recommendations on the weapon types that you’ll want to have around.
- Golden Weapon: Constancy Automatic – This machine pistol reloads while you’re shooting.
- Golden Weapon: Sepulchra Breteira – A scoped sniper rifle for long-range engagements.
- Golden Weapon: Strelak Verso – This can transform from dual pistols into an SMG, and vice versa.
- Golden Weapon: Heritage Gun – This shotgun can fire slug shots or buckshots.
Visionaries/bosses and related quests
- Julianna: The Hunts – Julianna is an AEON archivist, and she’s also an assassin who will hunt you down.
- Julianna: Online PvP – Surprised whenever Julianna pops up in your Deathloop missions? Now, you can get the jump on other players when they least expect it.
- Harriet: Chaos Theory – Harriet wants to be a cult leader. It’s time to end her schemes.
- Frank: The Ballad (The Bar) – Frank owns a bar, and he’s got a secret.
- Frank: The Ballad (Otto’s Workshop/Fireworks) – You can eliminate Frank with his own toys.
- Wenjie: Ubiquity – Defeating Wenjie is part of an early-game quest.
- Wenjie: What Wenjies Want – Later, you can lure her so she ends up in a new location.
- Egor: Lost in Transmission (Evening Duel) – The founder of AEON wants to fight Colt.
- Egor: Lost in Transmission (Research Sabotage) – Eventually, you can make him go to a different location in Blackreef.
- Charlie: Space Invader – This nerdy gamer will finally experience a game over.
- Fia: The Pictograms and Reactor Detonation – Fia is quite mad. She’s willing to blow up the island if need be. Just make sure you find the pictograms for the terminal.
- Charlie and Fia: Afternoon Delight – There’s a way to get these two to shack up together. You’ll hit two lovebirds with one stone (or bullet).
- Aleksis: Devouring of the Lambs – Aleksis wants everyone to wear wolf masks and party around. Oh, and you can assassinate Wenjie and Egor, too, if you managed to lure them here.
- One Perfect Run: Killing all Visionary bosses in a single day – The main goal, if you want to break the cycle, is to kill all Visionary bosses in a single run.
Radio Silence, HZN Stations, and other puzzles
- The Complex: Power Station – We can power up this station every morning.
- Updaam: Mysterious Door – There’s a door that Colt can’t open even if he reads the entire dictionary.
- HZN Stations and RAK Hangar – There are more of these stations on the island of Blackreef, and we’ll soon uncover their secrets.
- Updaam: Glyph puzzle – Find all of these numbers and open the safe.