Blizzard is getting ready to shut down Diablo 3 Season 5 and Season 6 now has a launch date.
Season 6, which has been in testing on the PTR for a few weeks now, will launch at the end of April with Season 5 shutting down two weeks before on Friday, 15 April.
A few days ago Blizzard brought down the ban hammer on Diablo 3 accounts that were suspected of using bots which meant anyone caught will have likely been removed from the Season 5 Leaderboards. When Season 5 concludes hopefully this time it will be a fairer representation of who the top players really are.
When Season 5 concludes the usual process of characters being changes to normal non-season characters will take place and this also applies to items, gold, Blood Shards etc.
Season 5 will be ending at the following dates and times for each region:
- North America: Friday, April 15 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT
- Europe: Friday, April 15 @ 5:00 p.m. CEST
- Asia: Friday, April 15 @ 5:00 p.m. KST
Season 6 will be starting about two weeks afterwards at the following dates and times for each region:
- North America: Friday, April 29 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT
- Europe: Friday, April 29 @ 5:00 p.m. CEST
- Asia: Friday, April 29 @ 5:00 p.m. KST
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.