The destruction-centric DiRT Showdown is the latest title to be given away by the Humble Store as part of their ongoing winter sale. They’re obviously on a bit of a Codemasters kick at the moment, because GRID was the previous freebie.
You’ll need both a Humble account and Steam account to obtain and use the (Steam) key. The giveaway basically runs for 48 hours, so it’ll conclude around 10am Pacific on 14 January.
DiRT Showdown combines (obstacle) race events with ‘demolition’ and ‘hoonigan’ events to maximise the potential for automobile carnage. Here’s a rundown of the game’s features.
- Experience a new world of full impact, no-holds-barred action sports racing.
- Push pedal to metal at iconic locations– Miami to London, San Francisco to Tokyo and more.
- Wow the crowds at unsanctioned, hyper-energised events with a festival vibe.
- Demolition Derby themed events, powered by racing’s most advanced damage model, deliver the ultimate in organised automotive chaos.
- Trade paint and deploy nitros in high-octane race events filled with obstacles and ramps.
- Show off your skills in free roaming freestyle arenas primed for automotive tricks and stunts.
- Compete against your friends to reach ‘Showdown’ finals across multiple disciplines.
- Dive in and drive with accessible, pick-up-and-play controls.
- Prove yourself under all conditions – rain, sun, fog, and snow – in the daytime or under the lights at night in front of thousands of cheering fans.
- Multiplayer overload – 8 player online races, split-screen gaming and over 10 different event types.
- Send Showdown Challenges to your friends so that you can compete against them even when you are not both online.
- Use the integrated ‘Crashback’ camera to capture your most spectacular crashes and upload replays direct to YouTube.