The latest version of DreadOut has just been set live on Steam this evening and it comes a new prologue to Act 1 called DreadOut Act 0 Prologue which has also been released as a demo. The new content is free if you already own the game and the new act appears in the game’s menu.
An important point to note is that this update will break any saves so they suggest finishing Act 1 if you’re still playing that before installing the update. The full iupdate notes are as follows, and if you want to find out more about the game, check our review.
In related news, Digital happiness are still working on Act 2 of the game and they’ve released some new shots which can be found in the official site’s media section.
Now here’s the notes for this update…
- DreadOut 1.9.0 is a new build with a completely new framework.
- Be aware that this new release will be breaking your save game. So, if you’re in the middle of playing Act 1, you may prefer to defer the update up until you’ve finished the game.
- This new version discarded multi-language support for the time being, it will be incorporated again later.
- This new version is asset-optimized for 32-bit system. Many 64-bit users might notice some textures’ downgrade, we will resolve this issue with hi-res texture pack for 64-bit system later.
- Updates to our Steam Cloud integration so users will not be required to have a file system friendly name anymore. This eliminates cases where some users were forced to rename their Steam’s display name for the sake of playing DreadOut.
- Some minor tweaks to DreadOut shaders and input system.
- a new addition of experience setting, for turning on or off clue and ghost vignette, limbo distance, Limbo message etc. so that you guys can play it at your own preferences.
Related to this article
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.