A haunting Valentine’s Day gift appears in DreadOut to spook you even more.
It’s been a while since DreadOut from Indonesian developer Digital Happiness was launched on Steam and back in December they released the DreadOut Act 0 Prologue. Today they have released Act 2 of the horror title.
DreadOut is a pretty decent game, and if you love scary Indonesian folklore, then this game is definitely worth your time as there’s plenty of gruesome scary moments. And I don’t just mean the toilets in Act 1 which were particularly filthy.
Act 2 is a free update for those who own the original game and 22 Steam Achievements have also been added in this update.
As well as the new Act there are also a few games changes worth noting which are as follows.
- The current version is asset-optimized for 32-bit system. Many 64-bit users might notice some textures’ downgrade, we will resolve this issue with hi-res texture pack for 64-bit system later.
- Updates to our Steam Cloud integration so users will not be required to have a file system friendly name anymore. This eliminates cases where some users were forced to rename their Steam’s display name for the sake of playing DreadOut.
- Some minor tweaks to DreadOut shaders and input system.
- a new addition of experience setting, for turning on or off clue and ghost vignette, limbo distance, Limbo message etc. so that you guys can play it at your own preferences.
- Added 22 new Steam achievements & soundtracks
- On fresh install, DreadOut might have some glitches relating to user profile, simply exit the game and run it again.