Paradox Interactive released the newest expansion for Europa Universalis IV today titled, ‘Mare Nostrum’. The $14.99 DLC adds major improvements to the naval aspect of the strategy epic. Features include:
- Naval Missions: Naval interface improved to make control of your fleets less hands-on and more mission-oriented
- Barbary Raids: The Berber nations of North Africa can raid their neighbors for money and extra sailors
- New Espionage System: Build a spy network and call on it to undertake actions in enemy lands
- Trade Leagues: Merchant republics can recruit minor nations into their Trade League for common defence and, more importantly, common riches
- Condottieri: Rent out your army so it can fight someone else’s wars while you earn gold
However, even if you decide not to pick up the DLC, Paradox still hasn’t forgotten about you. Along with the release of ‘Mare Nostrum’, a massive free update is being sent today as well, including an updated map, a new state system, and tweaks to naval combat.
‘Mare Nostrum’ is now available on Steam and over digital retailers. Check out the launch trailer below.