Another patch for Fallout 4, taking the game to version 1.6, has been released through Steam this morning. Several of the changes appear to relate to upcoming add-ons for the game, but there are couple of new features and bug fixes too.
As of 1.6, when players exit the game Fallout 4 will create an ‘ExitSave’ for you to reload back into if desired. The ExitSaves are automatically deleted when loaded. They occur on all difficulty levels, including Survival mode.
In addition, there are now another 300 player names in Codsworth’s vocabulary, and a fix for an issue where companions would get stuck walking and be unable to run.
Here’s the full list of changes and additions.
Fallout 4 1.6 Update
- ExitSave – Exiting to the Main Menu will create an ExitSave. During next play session, the ExitSave will delete itself after you load it. The Existsave works in all difficulty levels including Survival.
- New Add On specific icons in Workshop mode
- More than 300 new player names added to Codsworth’s vocabulary
- Support for upcoming Add Ons
- General stability and performance improvements
- Fixed a crash related to targeting an enemy weapon while in VATS
- Fixed an issue where a Companion would become stuck walking and unable to run
- Fixed issue in “Mankind Redefined” to prevent the player from getting stuck in elevators while in Mass Fusion Building
- In “Boston After Dark” quest now completes properly when waiting for Old Man Stockton
- Fixed occasional issue where player would become permanently invisible
- Dead settlers can no longer be commanded or assigned to supply lines
- Fixed issue where deleting saved games would cause other saves to disappear
- Fixed occasional issues with activating mods that did not come from Bethesda.net
- Minor bug fixes and optimizations to Mods load order and browsing