Ahead of the next piece of Fallout 4 DLC, Far Harbor, Bethesda has kicked out a new beta patch.
The patch is now available on Steam and comes with more Survival Mode features and more stability and performance tweaks. To access the beta patch players need to opt-in by selecting settings, then betas, and selecting it from the drop-down menu.
Bethesda advise that anyone using third-party mod managers should back up saves and anything else that would likely be affected by testing the 1.5 beta.
Fallout 4 Update 1.5 Patch Notes
- New Survival difficulty
- Survival adds additional challenges including no fast travel, saving only when you sleep, increased lethality, diseases, fatigue, danger and more. See the in-game Help menu for more details
- Characters set to Survival difficulty appear under their own Character Selection filter
Please Note: Survival difficulty characters are not backward compatible with the 1.4 version of Fallout 4. If you opt out of the Beta, do not use Survival character saved games.
- Third person camera movement improvements when player is close up against walls and other objects
- General stability and performance improvements
- Fixed rare crash related to reloading a save that relies on Automatron
- Fixed issue with the robot workbench camera not moving properly immediately after canceling out of the menu
- Fixed issue with perks being repeatedly added when reloading a saved game while in robot workbench
- Fixed issue with Ada not properly traveling to an assigned settlementv
- Robots can now be assigned as settlement vendors
- Fixed issue with “Appropriation” where blueprints would not appear properly if the container had already been looted prior to getting the quest
- In “The Nuclear Option,” entering the Institute using the targeting helmet on Power Armor no longer inadvertently causes the player to go into combat, and become stuck in the Institute
- Fixed distance check with Robotics Expert perk
- While in Workshop mode, if the Jump button is remapped, the Y or Triangle button can still be used to jump
- Ability to delete downloadable content via the Add-Ons menu (PS4)
- Fixed issue with “Defend the Castle” where speaking to Ronnie Shaw would not properly complete the quest
- During “The Nuclear Option,” fast traveling away from the Institute immediately after inserting the relay targeting sequence holotape will no longer block progression
- Fixed issue where Workshop placed light bulbs would occasionally not light properly
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.