You’ll now have a slightly better idea of the connection quality ahead of Ultimate Team matches in FIFA 17, courtesy of Update 4, released today on PC. It still won’t show you any specific latency numbers, but it’s now a five bar system (so you can be pretty sure that anything under four bars is going to be a bit rubbish).
The 735mb patch also removes the ability in Ultimate Team to set custom player positions during gameplay and fixes a bug where “switching a higher rated player with a lower rated player resulted in the overall squad rating going up”. In terms of general gameplay, it adjusts the defensive line position for low pressure tactics (but doesn’t indicate what that adjustment actually is), and addresses the ‘phantom pass’ phenomena which would result in a pass being made without a button press.
Here are the full FIFA 17 Update 4 patch notes.
Addressed the following in FIFA Ultimate team:
- Displaying correct kit on the player in the kit select screen.
- Players will no longer be able to set custom player positions in Team Management during gameplay.
- An issue in Squad Building Challenges where switching a higher rated player with a lower rated player resulted in the overall squad rating going up.
- Removed Est. Date, Crest and Squad Name from the FUT Champions matchup screen.
- Changed the latency bar graphic to give more detail on connection quality.
Addressed the following in Career Mode:
- An issue where the current weekly wages from the budget tab do not properly reflect the actual weekly wages.
Visual / Presentation changes:
- Improved camera selection for slow motion goal replays.
- Addressed EATV buffering.
- Addressed audio balance of French commentators.
- Gameplay commentator language for The Journey now defaults to language selected in Game Settings.
Addressed the following in gameplay:
- Adjusted the defensive line position for low pressure tactics.
- Addressed an issue where a pass was made without a button press.