Learning of more advanced methods in Floodland is extremely important. You need all the tools if you want your people to survive, reach new locations, and thrive in an inhospitable environment. Here’s our Floodland guide to help you with research technologies and the tech tree.
Note: We’ll have a Floodland guides and features hub soon, so stay tuned.
Floodland guide – Research technologies and tech tree
First things first, if you want to research technologies in Floodland, then you need to be aware of materials and buildings that allow you to generate the necessary points. Without these, you can experience a bottleneck, one where it takes too long to unlock a new tech, and your survivors end up beset by disasters.
As for the tech tree in Floodland, it’s divided into four groups and two additional progression-based variants:
- Outer circle (i.e., new start, rubbish, wood, and the like) – These determine the types of techs that could be researched, as well as the buildings that can be constructed, once the usage of certain materials has been learned.
- Inner circle (i.e., Power Plant, Reclaimed Turbine, and others) – These are mostly progression-based as you explore other locations and control important facilities.
The techs and buildings here are related to manufacturing industries and research:
- Study – Research options and Clan XP gains.
- Sorting Hut – Rubbish, rubble, and scrap.
- Logging Hut and Woodcutting Station – Gathers wood and converts the material into planks respectively.
- Charcoal Mound – Turns wood into coal.
- Forge – Turns charcoal and scrap into metal.
- Concrete Mixer – Turns rubble into cement.
- Plastic Recycling Station – Recycles rubbish into plastic.
These are related to gathering edible resources and cooking them:
- Fishing Dock and Shellfish Post chain – Produces Risky Food.
- Forager Hut chain – Produces Safe Food.
- Water Still chain – Produces Potable Water.
- Field Kitchen chain – Converts Risky Food into Safe Food.
- Mill chain – Turns soybeans into flour.
- Baker Station chain – Turns flour into Safe Food.
- Insect Hut chain – Turns soybeans into Safe Food.
Note: You can learn more in our food and water guide.
This section of the tech tree in Floodland allows you to reach new locations, create new districts, or improve your storage capabilities:
- Reclaimed Radio Tower – Unlocks Expeditions; later techs let you create new districts, build piers, and construct a camp on water.
- Storage – Increases global stock of items; distributes materials to nearby locations.
- Path – Create new roads to lessen travel time.
- Tools – The hacksaw, sledgehammer, and welding torch let you dismantle certain objects to obtain resources.
Note: You can learn more in our Expedition and Districts guide.
This panel is all about keeping your survivors in tip-top condition:
- Tent Homes – The sleeping quarters of your people.
- Medical Tent – Uses medicine to cure those that get sick; can quarantine the ones that are severely ill.
- Herbal Station – This chain produces medicine.
- Utilities – Later, you can upgrade buildings to have electricity. There are also options that generate more power.
Floodland is available via Steam.